Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Brit Awards 2023

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Amazed there was no thread last night, a history making night as Raye broke pretty much every Brit record going. Incredible night by all accounts.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I was very impressed by Jungle, had never heard them before. Excellent live performance

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Amazed there was no thread last night, a history making night as Raye broke pretty much every Brit record going. Incredible night by all accounts.
When the definitive and archetypal of ‘mainstream rock’ is nominated for the ‘alternative rock’ award, you know you’re in a game. Did the radical, indie and alternative Stones win?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Shout out to Chase & Status, saw them at drumsheds (an old IKEA) couple of weeks back. 15000 people, nuts!
They are awesome! I suggested to Bobkin Jnr that he check out More Than Alot (he's always recommending new stuff to me), but he didn't seem overly keen...

Back to the show last night - I loved it. Apart from all the random links, that is :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jungle are ace indeed.

Check out their KEXP sessions on YouTube. Great musicianship.
As an aside, check out KEXP in general. There's some excellent sessions on there, Nations of Language have a couple of really good ones I have been watching recently. The Dry Cleaning one is good as well.....as is John Maus.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
They are awesome! I suggested to Bobkin Jnr that he check out More Than Alot (he's always recommending new stuff to me), but he didn't seem overly keen...

Back to the show last night - I loved it. Apart from all the random links, that is :lolol:

It was one of my top 10 BRIT Awards of the 21st century, that's for sure. Obviously it will be one that goes down in the record books as history was made with an astonishing 6 awards for Rae but even that aside the quality of the performers, the variety of winners and the dominance of women/people of colour makes this a better than average Brits.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It was one of my top 10 BRIT Awards of the 21st century, that's for sure. Obviously it will be one that goes down in the record books as history was made with an astonishing 6 awards for Rae but even that aside the quality of the performers, the variety of winners and the dominance of women/people of colour makes this a better than average Brits.
I think you mean 'people without penises', no...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here