Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brit Awards 2017

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just relistened to Godfather by Wiley and is really is ten times the MC that Skepta is, or Stormzy for that matter. Streets ahead.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Really? all the awards she has won and she is crap?
Would like to hear you sing....how many albums have you sold?
Popular does not equal good. She can sing, no doubt, but her songs are awful, MOR dirge which appeal to the lowest common denominator. Hence the millions of records sold (see Coldplay for further reading).

Yeah, Adele is crap.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEYYI1ii0AU

Interesting that the scenes that those 3 bands came from (punk, alt-rock/ grunge, britpop) were all ruined in a very short passage of time once the mainstream became aware of them and the majors started signing every band they could in the hope of unearthing the next Pistols/ Oasis./ Nirvana. Those special times in music where the underground meets the mainstream don't happen that often and normally by the time it happens, it's as good as over.

And anyway, isn't grime EXACTLY what you talking about? An underground, youth, working class/ council estate movement becoming more and more mainstream. 'Konnichiwa' may well be this generation's Never Mind the Bollocks/ Definitely Maybe or Nevermind. Seems you are expecting a musical revolution to come from an extremely narrow range of guitar music.

Yes, good point regarding your first paragraph.

When it comes to grime, I just think it's terrible I'm afraid.

Music seems to go in cycles, and I would say that grime is the mainstream "hip" music for kids and has been for a while, which is why it's about time there is a great guitar band to counter it.

It could just be that there are any great song writers about at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here