Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol Rovers / City retardedness

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
NOTW:

Bristol Rovers will not be sharing Bristol City's Ashton Gate next year when their Memorial Stadium is torn down. Pirates need a home for 18 months while their new stadium is built. And chairman Geoff Dunford is in talks with four potential landlords - City, Swindon, Cheltenham and Bath. But a Bristol City source said: "Rovers are not coming here".

Obviously the "Rovers are not coming here" comment has been made up, but how bloody RIDICULOUS is this situation ? Rovers have shared with Bath before, but if they end up trekking to Swindon or Cheltenham for a couple of seasons instead of renting with City, that would be utterly pathetic. Bloody worzel bumpkins want their heads banging together.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
It says there that they are negotiating with bath. Didnt they used to play there years ago? Twerton park wasnt it? I remember seeing my first albion away game there in 1994 (lost 1-0).

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Statto said:
It says there that they are negotiating with bath. Didnt they used to play there years ago? Twerton park wasnt it? I remember seeing my first albion away game there in 1994 (lost 1-0).

yeah, they used to play there.

and now bath city and teambath groundshare there so can't see rovers getting a look in...

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It sounds like City being pathetic, rather than the Gasheads. Having said that, knowing what the Brizzle City fans are like, would you want to share with them? If they take the attitude they do towards us by contrast with the Gasheads who seem to like us (see the City message board on countless occasions), how are they going to react to their city rivals? By the way, are they redeveloping the Memorial Ground or are Brizzle Rugby Club kicking them out?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
City wouldn't want Rovers, but Rovers also wouldn't want to go to City - they just wouldn't.

They are redeveloping the Mem - can't remember specific details but think capacity is to be around 18,000 all financed by some new residential development. Looks fab. And will be finished long before Falmer :(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You'll always get retards among a fanbase though. I remember some so called Brighton fans smashing up the sinks at Priestfield to teach them a lesson.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
gal3_470x350.jpg

gal1_470x350.jpg

Hmmm, looks like the architect employed by Bristol Rovers still thinks it's the 1960s

???

Ugly.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:
I assume those are flats built in? Looks horrific!

There must be better plans somewhere as Bozza seemed to think it looked great.

Must be the same architect who designed the original Churchill Square.

nig1_place_s.jpg

:ohmy: :lolol:

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
dougdeep said:
I remember some so called Brighton fans smashing up the sinks at Priestfield to teach them a lesson.

Im assuming that if they actually went all the way to Gillingham in those days, they probably were actual Brighton fans.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
I dunno - quite like that, plenty of tight right angles in a stadium can help it look and feel better from the inside. Steep stands would be nice too.

Love the surrounding green leafy suburbs best, though...!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Bozza said:
City wouldn't want Rovers, but Rovers also wouldn't want to go to City - they just wouldn't.

They are redeveloping the Mem - can't remember specific details but think capacity is to be around 18,000 all financed by some new residential development. Looks fab. And will be finished long before Falmer :(

In theory.

But there was an article in the local paper last week about local residents appealing against the decision because of the way the decision was made.

Sound familiar?

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Forest Greens Ground will eventually hold about 5.5k but at the moment there is still one stand under construction behind one of the goals, so it would probably hold about 4.2k maximum. Bristol Rovers usually get a pretty good attendance at their current ground, and much as I enjoy going to the New Lawn to watch footy I don't think it is currently up to holding league games. The average home attendance is about 1.3k for Conference games, think parking would be a real nightmare if over 2k turned up, so they might be better considering other alternatives.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
might be something to do with the fact that they've just turned them over in the Johnstone Paints Tropthy Southern Final. Up the Gas!

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
edna krabappel said:
gal3_470x350.jpg

gal1_470x350.jpg

Hmmm, looks like the architect employed by Bristol Rovers still thinks it's the 1960s

???

Ugly.

I live about 200 yards from the Memorial Ground. The iminent crashing, drilling and general unwanted noise and disturbance better be worth it:angry: :angry: :angry:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
edna krabappel said:
gal3_470x350.jpg

gal1_470x350.jpg

???

Ugly.

Is that terracing I see?

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here