Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City vs Brighton & Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Do you? Should a professional athlete be able to play 90 minutes twice in a week? I would have thought so.

Professional athletes are still human beings. Sometimes they need a break.

Besides, the bit you quoted, I meant "you rest a player if and when they need it" not "every player will need a break so you must rest them"

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Do you? Should a professional athlete be able to play 90 minutes twice in a week? I would have thought so.

They can but the problem is most footballer play with niggles and are on the edge of physical condition pushing that bit harder makes injuries far more likely and I would rather Leo sits out the first hour tonight than 6 games with an injury, at this point of the season it's a squad game and that could play to our advantage.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I understanding resting Ulloa at some point but NOT when he has just scored a hat-trick. He must be buzzing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He has to be rested sometime and he isn't going to rest him for Palace or Bolton is he?

There's 8 days between those games. Why not rest him for Barnsley if needed? Still, there's a difference between "we really want him at his best for bolton/palace" and "pfft, it's only bristol". I'm not concerned about him being dropped, I'm talking about the "it's only bristol" attitude in comments around the resting, and what such an attitude could represent about the team's attitude and application to the game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From BBC Sport 10.01mins Paul Anerson conceedes a freee kick for a foul on Inigo Calderon. Calderon takes the indirect free kick. Since when was a foul an indirect free kick.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Are the commentary team actually in the ground - sounds like they are on their own, no noise at all

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Are the commentary team actually in the ground - sounds like they are on their own, no noise at all

I can hear another commentary team in the background if that counts? :lolol:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
From BBC Sport 10.01mins Paul Anerson conceedes a freee kick for a foul on Inigo Calderon. Calderon takes the indirect free kick. Since when was a foul an indirect free kick.

predictive text? That is what I always blame

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

They are in a perspex commentary box , if you listen the Albion fans can be heard in the background

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
evening all. does not seem to much tospeak about so far this evening, all as expected

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here