Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City v Hull

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think the game v Bristol was a weird one. We could have gone in 4-1 up at half time, but because we were unable to convert our chances, they were a constant threat and should have had a penalty. Even when we scored our second late on, we were still holding on, as they kept winning free kicks outside our area. But we also played quite badly and, like with quite a few of our games this season, people were uttering the cliche 'win when you're playing badly'.

Certainly not the worst team to visit us.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bristol city was the only game so far, where I felt there was a real chance we could lose the game.
Definitely not the weakest side we've played this season

I thought Bristol City were particulalry slow in central defence. If they go behind at home they could concede a hatful. Unimpressed.

Preston NE with Gallagher in midfield were more likely to pinch a goal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looking at Boro and Hull this weekend, given they are supposed 'favourites', promotion for us really is up for grabs.

Ah, but how often have we looked rubbish on Sky ourselves? Most of the time would be my guess.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Looking at Boro and Hull this weekend, given they are supposed 'favourites', promotion for us really is up for grabs.

But only if we sign a top quality striker or two in the transfer window. A loanee would not be good enough. Are the club going to splash the cash to achieve promotion? We'll see I guess.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
And now they're taking their best striker off for that overweight ex Palace lump Wilbraham. Great tactics Cotterill.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Needed to try something as the ball was not sticking and coming back

That's mainly because they are just hoofing it aimlessly giving Hull the ball back. Play it on the wings and try and counter attack. Now it will be 10+ long minutes of hanging on for a draw.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Back on top tomorrow then :thumbsup:

That would piss on all the pundits predictions about who should be top of the table. Back on top after a brief break would have to make them start to acknowledge that we might be contenders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here