Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City players jailed

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Three professional footballers who admitted taking part in a drink-fuelled brawl at a nightclub last October have been jailed.

Wales international David Partridge, 27, and Bristol City team mates, Scott Brown, 21, Bradley Orr, 23, and Steve Brooker, 25 were charged with affray.

On Friday at Bristol Crown Court, Orr and Brooker were jailed for 28 days, Patridge was sent down for two months.
He was also ordered to pay £1,000 compensation to a doorman.
City player Scott Brown was given 120 hours' community service for his lesser part in the brawl.
The court heard the quartet were on an evening out when violence erupted as Partridge was ejected from the Romeo Browns nightspot in Bristol city centre.

Prosecutor Robert Davies told the court Partridge "lost control" and charged at the club's doormen.
He became involved in a fight with the bouncers and his teammates then became involved.
A spokesman for Bristol City FC said the club would issue a statement on its website but would make no further comment.

I assume this means its happenign straight away - no Brooker and Orr is good for us tomorrow, especially with no Cottrell as well. Think Orr may have been banned anyway for his sending off.

City fans I know always talked about the drinking culture that was around. May have changed under Johnson now.

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
With all the fuss I'm reading on here about us being a club in turmoil! This puts it into perspective - 3 players jailed, including your captain, and one of your best players sold, all in 24 hours. It's not so bad here really now is it!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Seagull over NZ said:
..................... Romeo Browns nightspot in Bristol city centre.

sounds classy

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Taken from there site:

Bristol City Football Club has released the following statement in response to the sentencing of three players at Bristol Crown Court on Friday afternoon:-

The club is very disappointed by the judgement and, together with the players and their legal advisors, will be looking at all the options available to them.

No further comment will be made by the club until these options have been clarified.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
oldham gull said:
With all the fuss I'm reading on here about us being a club in turmoil! This puts it into perspective - 3 players jailed, including your captain, and one of your best players sold, all in 24 hours. It's not so bad here really now is it!

We are goin up say ...:clap:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Re: Re: Bristol City players jailed

pevenseagull said:
sounds classy

Correct. It isn't. In fact, there aren't many classy places in Bristol city centre. Where all the Chavs and townies go on a Friday and Saturday night for a fight.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Some good chants for tomorrow then...

Where's your captain gone....

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
They sell their best player yesterday and get two banged up today, they say that bad luck runs in threes...victory for the Albion tomorrow to cap a miserable week in wurzel land.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
oldham gull said:

Not to mention the sending off of a player due to attacking a team mate in their previous game!!!

southcoastred

Mar 28, 2005
Broigh'on
Its been a terrible week for us by all means....losing Cotterill, then this happening. :(

Our only real loss of the jailed players is Steve Brooker. Partridge was on loan at Orient and Orr was suspended anyway following his headbutting of Louis Carey (wonder why he ended up in jail ??? )

I still think we'll have enough to beat you tomorrow, but losing would just be the salt in the wounds of an awful week for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here