Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City faring no better than us

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
A mate of mine supports Bristol City and is always raving on about their chances for promotion. After they soundly beat us, I had to agree with him - if only temporarily!!

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Always look out for Bristol City scores because my dad is, er, a Rovers fan. Though he's mellowed a lot now so feels general (desperate) loyalty to his home city rather than just one of their under-performing sides. . .
His dad was City so he decided to be Rovers so they could go together to a match every weekend.
Aw, how sweet and sensible. . .
But somehow can't see myself allowing anything similar with any son of mine in the north London rivalries. . .
He'll be a Spurs fan from the day he's born, I'll see to that. . .
I've had to suffer, he will too. . .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
City score late again to go top. Remarkable run they've had.

I live about 10 miles from 'The Gate', work about 1 mile away and work with several City supporters.

Before a ball was kicked I thought this could be their year - there leage record over the past few years is very close to the pattern Reading had - getting closer and closer each year. Wilson has had them playing cracking football for a while now. If Zamora had been wearing red and not the stripes two seasons ago - they'd have beaten us in both games.

Enjoyed the LDV Final at Cardiff with 40,000 or so Bristolians and wish them well. Other than it means I'll lose my 'home' game.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
The Plymouth / QPR automatic promotion bid does seem to be faltering, and City have taken full advantage.

Shame there season probably got the kick start it needed with the 4-1 win at Withdean.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
To think we used to be 4 points clear of all of them!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats 10 straight League wins on the trot for City now. Plymouth are having a bit of a wobble, after losing to us and drawing at home to Bornmuff. They seem to struggle if they go behind - Tranmere scored twice in 4 first half minutes last night. QPR are lurking just 2 points behind in 3rd spot, so from looking dead certs a few weeks back, Plymouth are now in a great position to blow it completely.

As for the Albion - I fear the slide to mid-table beckons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here