Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring back Dean Wilkins

Bringing back DW as manager makes perfect sense. It will unite the fans, give a boost to the squad, he’ll fit in immediately with the back room staff and he will be relatively cheap. I would say that bringing DW back now will prevent us from going down this season, isn’t that worth swallowing your pride for Dick? Apologise, privately and publically. I know it’s hard Dick but say it, “I f***ed up and I’m sorry. For the good of the club I love I’m going to put it right, Dean Wilkins, please come back as manager and I promise not to interfere with team matters.”
Dean Wilkins, your club needs you!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Much as I didn't like his sacking in the first place, if the whole Adams saga has taught us anything is it not that one should never go back?

Besides, you know as well as I do that what you describe will never happen.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Time to change your location to: "Sitting on the cock of a gay, wasting time" one thinks Lokki. DW ain't coming anywhere near this club until Dick Knight fugs off I'm afraid.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Will it unite the fans...? There are plenty on here who would not want Wilkins back.

Also, would Wilkins accept the job? Even with a public apology, he may have had enough and may feel that he won't be supported given what happened last time around.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
As much as I love the guy, it has to be a no no. Adams was the man to unite us after a big split amungst the fans who liked/disliked Wilkins, and look how that turned out.

Yes we finished 7th, maybe thats the best Wilkins could do, who knows?

We need a fresh approach, none of this old boys business, and get ourselves out of this mess and into the Championship

D

Deleted member 2719

For some reason people use the excuse that going back never works well that i am afraid is bolloxs,If he was allowed to manage the team affairs and was backed by the board i have no doubt that his passion for our club and his desire to succeed will shine through after all it's not as if he been away for years.
Dick think with your head this time.

Join the "Bring Wendy back club" today.
:yahoo::ascarf:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What makes you think it would "unite the fans"? There are plenty who are happy to accept the club's version of events that his position with the team was untenable, and that last season was over-rated in any case (way off the play-off points total, and boosted by three wins when the cause was all but lost anyway).

Whoever is right, it would be a backward step. And besides, it's never going to happen.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
sorry but.....................:tosser:

it will certainly not unite the fans
it will not give a boost to the squad
it will cause havoc behind the scenes at the club

not going to happen outside of your dreams my friend

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Come back Charlie Webb;your club needs you more than ever.Oh,you may think you've been dead a while,but this is a crisis.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think Dean Wilkins would do a Simpsons style "Ray Patterson" return to his job.

"I can't tell you how gratifying it is... to leave you wallowing in the mess you created. You're screwed. Goodbye"

*exit music*

I know it's a long shot but surely it's a better appointment then Slade, Ince, Pardew, Dowie etc etc? Give him the money and backing that MA enjoyed and let's see what he can really do.

And ok, you may not agree, but I think calling me a :tosser: for bringing up a reasonable topic for discussion is poor form.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
it depends on your definition of a reasonable topic for discussion tbh but the use of a smiley rather than verbalising is humerous in intent:lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't understand how anyone could not want Wilkins to carry on his fine work he already had to turn around destroyed confidence of mcGhees team and then Mickey put us backwards again Dean has the ability to do it again and lead us into the championship and with the right budget keep us there.
The only reason i can see people didn't like him was because of his persona well i say what the f*** has that got to do with it as long as he can get the best out of each player what more do you want?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I know it's a long shot but surely it's a better appointment then Slade, Ince, Pardew, Dowie etc etc? Give him the money and backing that MA enjoyed and let's see what he can really do.

And ok, you may not agree, but I think calling me a :tosser: for bringing up a reasonable topic for discussion is poor form.

I have to say that when you look at the above mentioned candidates it makes you realise how good it would be to have Wilkins back.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I don't understand how anyone could not want Wilkins to carry on his fine work he already had to turn around destroyed confidence of mcGhees team and then Mickey put us backwards again Dean has the ability to do it again and lead us into the championship and with the right budget keep us there.
The only reason i can see people didn't like him was because of his persona well i say what the f*** has that got to do with it as long as he can get the best out of each player what more do you want?

I recall Forster speaking out and also who can forget George O'Callaghan outburst. He did not get the best out of all the players. He just knew the youth structure inside out and got the best out of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here