Brilliant

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
The lazy gits at the club have done it again, internedt bookings only for Villa tickets and postal applications discouraged and no phone bookings!

What is it about the club that they make eveyones life so difficult and they seem scared of hard work. It is their job to sell tickets and why are they so precious about it?

You are a football club, sell tickets by all means and maximize income and stop being so lazy.

This is yet another instance of the club treating supports like an annoyance and being detached from reality.

It will be their own fault if they don't sell the full 6,000 allocation.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The lazy gits at the club have done it again, internedt bookings only for Villa tickets and postal applications discouraged and no phone bookings!

What is it about the club that they make eveyones life so difficult and they seem scared of hard work. It is their job to sell tickets and why are they so precious about it?

You are a football club, sell tickets by all means and maximize income and stop being so lazy.

This is yet another instance of the club treating supports like an annoyance and being detached from reality.

Are you not on the internet then?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Strange - I thought buying over the internet made things easier rather than more difficult - silly me :shootself

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

how bad is that ? I mean, look at Amazon/Ebay etc. Internet sales are rubbish.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Strange - I thought buying over the internet made things easier rather than more difficult - silly me :shootself

It SHOULD make thing easier. A lot of people (me included) are having problems with the online ticket office.

There is no way you could have problems in the club shop. :shrug:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
i did have a few probs yesterday but having calmed down I can see the lofic in it.

I would imagine a problem is that seeing as the draw was only 5 days ago and the tie only finalised on Wed, there is no way in hell that Villa could allocate (which probably involves discussions with police and moving their own fans), organise, print and send down 6k+ tickets by now.

Which means we'd all be queueing up to buy hypothetical tickets asking all sorts of awkward questions etc. Which would then have to be organised and posted out at a later date. So its easier if its done on paper/electronically and then when the tickets arrived there is a database and they can get shipped out nice and quick.

If the club waited till the actual tickets arrived, it'd probably be 7 days before the game and everyone would moan about how it was last minute, absolute carnage and how they can't be bothered with it as a result.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
It didn't work at first on teh internet, but with all good things and women, you need to take TIME and PATIENCE!

and 'course, neither club looks after fans, i mean, what type of well run club gives an away allocation fo 6000 tickets at a 10'er tops? A SHIT ONE! :facepalm: fml

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
i did have a few probs yesterday but having calmed down I can see the lofic in it.

I would imagine a problem is that seeing as the draw was only 5 days ago and the tie only finalised on Wed, there is no way in hell that Villa could allocate (which probably involves discussions with police and moving their own fans), organise, print and send down 6k+ tickets by now.

Which means we'd all be queueing up to buy hypothetical tickets asking all sorts of awkward questions etc. Which would then have to be organised and posted out at a later date. So its easier if its done on paper/electronically and then when the tickets arrived there is a database and they can get shipped out nice and quick.

If the club waited till the actual tickets arrived, it'd probably be 7 days before the game and everyone would moan about how it was last minute, absolute carnage and how they can't be bothered with it as a result.

CORRECT, i'd rather have a bit of confusion with garanteed tickets in advance, than having to get them with 7 days to spare, with potentially 6000other people... (Prolly closer to 3000 but thats still a mission!)

Ditchboy

Apr 4, 2008
It's not just the online booking mate. I went into the club shop yesterday and ran straight into a wall of books and programmes. How hard can they make it for loyal fans like me to make it to the ticket desk? They don't deserve to sell out the allocation IMHO.

D

Deleted User X18H

I think Brown Perry and Bloom should walk around selling these on the knocker to STH

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
It SHOULD make thing easier. A lot of people (me included) are having problems with the online ticket office.

There is no way you could have problems in the club shop. :shrug:

f*** me, 1st time i have looked at your avatar, highly amusing :lolol:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
The reason they are discouraging postal applications, is because at any one time it appears only 2 people work in the club ticket office. At our current position, getting gates of what 6000 a week, 2000 of which are probably bought outside of season ticket sales, that is all the club requires. To employ 10 people in a ticket office would be pointless until we reach falmer and larger ticket sales. Just accept that its the one time every few years we drew a big team, and that it always will be a struggle. I dont see the problem with buying your tickets on the internet, and if its that much of a struggle, could you not just post the application form or drop it in by hand? I dropped mine in today, and the guy couldnt have been more helpful, and even managed it so a group of 10 of us can all sit together with different applications. They were rushed off their feet, with the phones constantly ringing, and a permanent queue for tickets, as well as trying to sort out other tickets such as walsall etc.
I cant see the problem, and tbh think the guys in the ticket office are always top notch!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
shabba will also hate gritter drivers because there are not three million in the country that needs them once a decade

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Lazy gits? I don't think so. They'll be working overtime to ensure 6,000 applications get processed and despatched!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't rise to it, mate. there will alway be moany idiots, and they'll always get shot down anyway.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

You my friend, if you don't mind me saying so, are a f***ing twat.

Do you actually really believe that the club haven't looked at the most effective way to shift 6,000 tickets in the fairest possible way?

This is yet another instance of some supporters treating the club like an annoyance and being detached from reality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports