Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brilliant wind up in todays Argus...

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
from Tom Hickmore, Trinity Street Brighton. '... we (Albion) flogged off their old stadium in a sorry debacle... we should not have to suffer for their incompetence.'

It gets better 'Mark my words, the new stadium development will eat into Stanmer Park, which is an extremely valuable resource...'

Rather than prompt a load of 'flak' wouldn't it be great to send in a load of letters in support akin to those on the A. Rowland letter thread yesterday. Next it will be Stanmer Village which is under threat. I think it's brilliant.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just read that online.. who's going to own up to it then? LOL!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I think this was meant to be a serious letter.

Seriously thick.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
A special search pulled up 1 Mr Hickmore of 4 Trinity St, Brighton. Tel num 01273 690 984.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
bhafc4eva said:
A special search pulled up 1 Mr Hickmore of 4 Trinity St, Brighton. Tel num 01273 690 984.

Never a good idea

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
bhafc4eva said:

I discovered that too. But I don't think it's necessary to terrorise the man. Its a free country and he's entitled to his view, however ridiculous or unacceptable.

Disliking the Albion isn't a crime, even in Bliar's Britain. Yet.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I think the best method of revenge has already been demonstrated. Write in with a plainly stupid, factually incorrect letter, and use this person's name. We know that the Work Experience trainee on the letters desk doesn't check the validity of the letters, so a public humiliation is a much more satisfying result than illegal, offensive phone calls.

In the court round up here, we had someone prosecuted and fined £450 for making threats using the telephone - and £450 goes a lot further on beer than on fines!

Damn, I've just rung him, threatenened to burn his house down and unleash a wave of terror against him and his family not seen since Saddam got shot at from those olive groves, way back when. I also said he would be made to eat a Withdean burger every day for the rest of his life if he continued to be so stupid.

Have I been bad?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Here's my reply:

I couldn't agree more Mr Hickmore (letters, 9/11). Mr Prescott's disgraceful decision to allow the construction of an enormous concrete carbuncle on the site of beautiful, rustic, Falmer village is a greenlight for the football club to start chancing their arm at yet more construction.

I'm sure this so-called "stadium" will start out at a reasonable size but mark my words, before long they'll be building bowling alleys, shopping centres and cinemas to help fund this "community" attraction. These monsters will not fit into Falmer village so I'm sure they'll turn their greedy eyes towards beautiful Stanmer Park as a potential site.

It wouldn't surprise me if they declared they had to be build a second stadium in the park, just for Sunday best!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Here's my reply:

I couldn't agree more Mr Hickmore (letters, 9/11). Mr Prescott's disgraceful decision to allow the construction of an enormous concrete carbuncle on the site of beautiful, rustic, Falmer village is a greenlight for the football club to start chancing their arm at yet more construction.

I'm sure this so-called "stadium" will start out at a reasonable size but mark my words, before long they'll be building bowling alleys, shopping centres and cinemas to help fund this "community" attraction. These monsters will not fit into Falmer village so I'm sure they'll turn their greedy eyes towards beautiful Stanmer Park as a potential site.

It wouldn't surprise me if they declared they had to be build a second stadium in the park, just for Sunday best!
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Here's my reply:

Quality! Sent it yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here