Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brilliant stuff from David Cameron today

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So your defence of the government's pre-election lies, is that they (including their chosen shadow chancellor, and finance ministers) don't understand economics!?

I having an understanding of economics but I am not an economist.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That doesn't change the fact that the Tory supporters are still wetting themselves over all this extra money that they think they are going to get without realising there is no money in the pot to pay for it!

Don't forget all the government-held equity in the banks we bailed out. As the economic recovery continues these shares will appreciate in value.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Don't forget all the government-held equity in the banks we bailed out. As the economic recovery continues these shares will appreciate in value.

And will probably be spent fighting a very long and expensive war in Iraq and Syria to get rid of IS, i cannot see that going any other way and money will need to be found for it. Typical, just as we get out of Afghan and save some money IS comes along.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That's a good point. Afterall, they made a killing on the financial markets when they sold off Royal Mail!!!!!

The Chancellor has sold off £7 billion of Lloyds shares, so 14% of the 39% he held earlier. That's £13 billion left at today's prices, and the share price is now back to what it was pre- recession. And we hold shares in other banks too. So, yes, it represents a considerable resource.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The IS situation is a blessing in disguise for the Tories. Cameron all over the media (rightly) denouncing them, looking every inch the consummate statesman, which gets the blue rinses right behind him, and will probably win back the waverers who might have voted UKIP...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here