Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton's Twitter Account deleted

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Spoke to the club - it's been deactivated for the same reason as another time I lost the NSC account a while back: date of birth on the account not confirming it to be over 13 (or whatever the arbitrary age you have to be to use twitter / X).
Yes. Slightly lurid thread title. I had that with one of my accounts once. Very frustrating to have to deal with / fix.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes. Slightly lurid thread title. I had that with one of my accounts once. Very frustrating to have to deal with / fix.
I would imagine the club have express service channel they can use which means they'll be out of action for less time than the 2-3 weeks I was!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I would imagine the club have express service channel they can use which means they'll be out of action for less time than the 2-3 weeks I was!
They will do but Twitter partner support - even for massive sports accounts - is not what it was.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
It's back now. Not sure how it would have been deactivated for being under 13 when the Twitter account was created 14 years ago...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's back now. Not sure how it would have been deactivated for being under 13 when the Twitter account was created 14 years ago...
The NSC account is older than the club's account - that has nothing to do with it.

The NSC account didn't have a DoB on it, and I was told to add one. I did so, giving my own. The account was immediately deactivated pending me proving my DoB by way of passport/driving licence etc.

So, I guess it's more a case of proving the DoB provided, in order to validate the account owner is not a child.

This is all entirely automated, obviously, so no human decision making nor common sense involved.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here