Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton's Roberto De Zerbi drawing attention of Europe's top clubs

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Say what the f*** I want. He’s leaving cos he don’t give a shit about us.
Jesus mate.

It's probably made up BS from a journalist or possibly a story tactically planted by RDZ's agents, who would also get a cut if he signs an improved contract. But if it's true it's Liverpool or Barca. It's not Nobby going to Port Vale. We literally can't compete with either team. Maybe Barca on budget these days but not history, trophies, chances of winning titles and Champions Leagues.

And, if it is true, then leaving at the end of the season with a helping hand in the succession plan is a million miles better than Snake Potter leaving as soon as he'd found the wins he spent over two seasons painfully searching for.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I don’t see any difference in what potter did than what I believe RDZ will do. It’s just that RDZ hasn’t been offered it yet unlike potter who took it mid season.

He doesn’t love us no matter how much running up and down the touch line he does.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don’t see any difference in what potter did than what I believe RDZ will do. It’s just that RDZ hasn’t been offered it yet unlike potter who took it mid season.

He doesn’t love us no matter how much running up and down the touch line he does.
Judging someone on what they actually did and comparing it to what someone else said about someone else who hasn't done that thing is highly impressive, as is your understanding as to what exactly motivates the mind of De Zerbi

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Man wants to be a success - in Shock Horror Probe.
When do we decide that it’s not ok to just use us as a spring board to another club ? When can we show ambition and be annoyed that we’ve been used again ? Maybe from 1901 to 2022 but I think it should stop now. We need to value ourselves, not paint murals for people who don’t care about us the moment another club shows interest. I get there’s no loyalty these days but I don’t think we should be throwing flowers at RDZ and fawning all over him when he leaves at the end of the season. It was mainly potters buys and initial groundwork that got RDZ his success anyway, let’s not forget the “potterball” we were all so proud of.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

In the cold light of day it is just business with an adoring fan base.
If this was, say Anne Sunmers who decided to change their lingerie models midway through a financial year, I don't think the customers would be that bothered, after all its just business 😉

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When do we decide that it’s not ok to just use us as a spring board to another club ? When can we show ambition and be annoyed that we’ve been used again ? Maybe from 1901 to 2022 but I think it should stop now. We need to value ourselves, not paint murals for people who don’t care about us the moment another club shows interest. I get there’s no loyalty these days but I don’t think we should be throwing flowers at RDZ and fawning all over him when he leaves at the end of the season. It was mainly potters buys and initial groundwork that got RDZ his success anyway, let’s not forget the “potterball” we were all so proud of.

Weren’t they StarLizard/Winstanley purchases?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
As RDZ says, we're not a "big, big club". Our top talent will always be poached, I'm afraid.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

I'd rather we were worrying about if Liverpool or Barcelona were about to take our manager, or Chelsea were about to give us a ridiculous amount of money for a player than wondering how long it was going to take Tony to decide enough was enough with Sami Hyypia or which club we could mug off for Ryan Harley.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Our next manager may be better than the last, RDZ’s style will get us wins and IMO also unnecessary losses. We will lose games with any manager although a number have been gifted to the opposition under the current regime which annoys me. His team selections have been baffling at times like playing plodder Milner at full back any fool can see that isn’t going to work.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Our next manager may be better than the last, RDZ’s style will get us wins and IMO also unnecessary losses. We will lose games with any manager although a number have been gifted to the opposition under the current regime which annoys me. His team selections have been baffling at times like playing plodder Milner at full back any fool can see that isn’t going to work.
Yer agreed.

I think most managers would have got us to where RDZ has this season. We have a great squad now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here