Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's Next Signing (merged)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Are people saying Ferry is not what we need just because of his height? Because that's not the be all and end all.

Anyway I've just looked on the Swindon board and this seems to have orignated from football rumours. So, yknow.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I actually have a soft spot for Swindon. I remember when their fans were cheated out of promotion to the top flight under Glen Hoddle.

To be fair they always had attendances par with us during Goldstone era. Duncan Shearer up front put a few in our net too.

Duncan Shearer is my most hated Albion opponent. Anyone who saw what he did to Nicky Bissett (who is now a postman I think), will know why.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
poxy club averaged 9000 in league 2, ground redevelopment begins next june, watch us fly

Have you seen the pictures of what they're planning to do? This is a debate I've been having, apparently they haven't been made public? I wouldn't like that, if I were a Swindon fan. But it's positive for the club.

As for Simon Ferry, I've only ever seen him play well once... Which was live on Sky away at Charlton. I've never liked him, he is no Navarro!

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Are people saying Ferry is not what we need just because of his height? Because that's not the be all and end all.

Anyway I've just looked on the Swindon board and this seems to have orignated from football rumours. So, yknow.

It's quite a factor though.. What with Gus saying several times last season we need more height, and openly saying he wants a powerful midfielder now. 5ft8" doesn't really equate to power...

Do you know anything about him? Is he actually any good? I don't remember him from any league two highlights last season, which is the extent of my knowledge..

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's quite a factor though.. What with Gus saying several times last season we need more height, and openly saying he wants a powerful midfielder now. 5ft8" doesn't really equate to power...

Do you know anything about him? Is he actually any good? I don't remember him from any league two highlights last season, which is the extent of my knowledge..
I don't know much about him no. I find the idea that you can't be strong and (fairly) short a bit suspect though! A bit of height wouldn't hurt but what we need is someone who can pass the ball (of course), but also can protect the ball under pressure, and who is good in the tackle. Someone who can help protect the defence but also create.
I don't know if he is any of these things but I don't know that he's not based on the fact he's 5 foot eight either.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's quite a factor though.. What with Gus saying several times last season we need more height, and openly saying he wants a powerful midfielder now. 5ft8" doesn't really equate to power..

Mike Tyson is only 5'10''....there is more to power than height.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares

He has great hair and a unique fashion sense. In addition he celebrated Swindon's title in his boxers on a rather cold day. A good attition to the team I'd say.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Greer has done brilliant for you, I thought he would be too slow for championship I was wrong. Ferry is an excellent player, if he could score would be worth 2 or 3 million. A great passer of the ball full of energy but no not a big tackler, more of a creative midfielder. Hands off please and see you for a league game next season in the championship

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Greer has done brilliant for you, I thought he would be too slow for championship I was wrong. Ferry is an excellent player, if he could score would be worth 2 or 3 million. A great passer of the ball full of energy but no not a big tackler, more of a creative midfielder. Hands off please and see you for a league game next season in the championship

Sounds like Ryan Harley then, and not really the type of midfielder we're supposedly after.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
getting silly with all these rumours, hopefully something will happen soon so I can get on with some work!
Going to be positive today and take the line in the argus re being no nearer to signings to mean same position as last week when we were in the closing stages of negotiations rather than no likelehood anytime soon. I still think that the signings will be no one mentioned anywhere on any site.

Brighton Gull

Apr 14, 2011
Brighton
I've read through all these comments (I lead a sad life obviously!) & hate all this speculation! Heskey might score a few but he's getting on a bit; my heart says I'd love Bobby to come back but it's not often a good idea to go back, even if we have got the Amex. So how much money is in the kitty, anyone know? If there's enough, how about Steven Fletcher from Wolves? Same accent as CMS & has scored a few.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Fletcher is going to Sunderland for 10 million.

By all accounts if we have a similar budget like last year as Gus suggests we should have about 4m to spend. I would have thought we could snap up a decent striker and midfielder for that but I guess it isn't as simple as on football manager!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I've read through all these comments (I lead a sad life obviously!) & hate all this speculation! Heskey might score a few but he's getting on a bit; my heart says I'd love Bobby to come back but it's not often a good idea to go back, even if we have got the Amex. So how much money is in the kitty, anyone know? If there's enough, how about Steven Fletcher from Wolves? Same accent as CMS & has scored a few.

Steven Fletcher that Wolves have just turned down a £10m bid from Sunderland for? Yes, sounds realistic.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Cardiff are reportedly signing Heidur Helguson from QPR. What a great signing that would be!

They will have Bellamy and Kim with HH in the middle and Whittington in behind............pretty well all we aspire to have

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Cardiff are reportedly signing Heidur Helguson from QPR. What a great signing that would be!

They will have Bellamy and Kim with HH in the middle and Whittington in behind............pretty well all we aspire to have

And then they will become the next Pompey, Cardiff are in serious financial trouble and the new owners are just investing more debt into the club.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Duncan Shearer is my most hated Albion opponent. Anyone who saw what he did to Nicky Bissett (who is now a postman I think), will know why.

Thug.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
And then they will become the next Pompey, Cardiff are in serious financial trouble and the new owners are just investing more debt into the club.

It is possible - their financial history is certainly chaotic and they were burdened with debts that may not have been cleared - hard to know what the situation is with the new owners as the change of colour indicates a certain desperation to create a sales market in the far east rather than a structured plan and no-one in the club has a clue what their actual wealth or financial plans for the club are. Their press conference about 6 weeks ago was an absolute farce and very worrying for Cardiff fans. It could work out but I think you are right that it is another club taking an all or nothing gamble on promotion based on money they don't have. Maintaining cashflow to next May has to be their off field priority while on field it is promotion as the only target. If they don't make it up this season I think they will go into admin at very best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here