Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's Next Signing (merged)

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5047161 said:
He was definitely training with West Ham for a bit this summer...

With a 2 year deal IF he impresses but sounds as though agent in talks with others too

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I see that Hull have signed Sone Aluko (ex Birmingham and Rangers). I have a feeling he will be immense in the Championship he had so much promise as a youngster and has been developing consistently.

Could be a cue for Aaron McLean to move on which could make CMS very happy indeed??

It may make CMS happy but I'd be very disappointed.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It shows how quiet it's gone of the signing front when this thread is over a week old...

So, when do you think we'll next get someone, and who could it be?

What we do know is it will either be:

1. Midfielder or
2. Striker or
3. We won't sign anyone (less likely)

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
was very confident we would be getting people in before we went on tour but now feeling pessimistic and think it will be shortly before the end of the transfer window and we will start the season with the players we have.

I am more than happy to be very wrong and get the abuse about this and hope someone itk to a degree can cheer me up.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be honest, speculation is all we have but Gus and co rarely share out any information at all and our signings (with some notable exceptions like Kuszczak, Greer, to an extent CMS) were completely left field (i.e. Bruno, Calderon, Ankergren, Barnes loan, Vicente re-signing, Lua Lua turning permanent when he did).

Ultimately, I have faith because I don't have a clue and more often than not under Gus the faith has been roundly repaid in spades.

Besides, Gus always makes the same noises "budget not as big as you think", "proving difficult to get who we want", "frustrated by player/agent/club demands" etc, etc to us as fans but his hypnotic sales approach gets people in and if Championship and non-playing Prem players don't want to be part of what we're building, I'd rather wait in the dark until our new signing(s) appear(s).

Which he/they will. Definately. And they'll be awesome.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Everyone needs to chill out and be a bit patient.

I've had over 2 weeks of being patient - that time has passed. Now is the time for impatience, bitter irrational recriminations and massive over reactions.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
was very confident we would be getting people in before we went on tour but now feeling pessimistic and think it will be shortly before the end of the transfer window and we will start the season with the players we have.

I am more than happy to be very wrong and get the abuse about this and hope someone itk to a degree can cheer me up.

Try:
3 new signings
Vicente
Dicker and Elphick now available.
New higher quality backroom staff.
New P&R.
New car park.
New accademy.
More seating.

not enough? then give the misses a hug.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Try:
3 new signings
Vicente
New P&R.
New car park.
New accademy.
More seating.

we haven't got the new academy (yet)

.................but the missus appreciated the hug :lol:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
he had pretty much done a deal to go to Rangers until that pack of cards collapsed so don't think he has any intention of retiring

That was the overrated Italian "hardman", Gattuso. Not Guti. Guti took some time off after leaving Besiktas but whether he will be playing next season I have no idea.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Try:
3 new signings
Vicente
New P&R.
New car park.
New accademy.
More seating.

New Park and Ride is that for sure, I must have missed that. Where ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here