Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's Next Signing (merged)

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
How many clubs do you think have finished all their transfer business? Here is a clue, what equals the square route of f*** all?

Obviously you are correct. However, Gus keeps saying how he wants his squad for as much of preseason as possible, and how players need to learn to play his style of football. Better late than never, but better sooner than later.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
By now he should be going for that player as we're in per-season already.

Why don't you ring him and pass on this gem of advice. I'd imagine he keep looking whistfully at pictures of the midfielders we want, sighing to himself from time to time, wracking his brains for ways to contact them to see if they want to play for the Albion.

Or possibly he is talking to them, and negotiations are ongoing, and with our tight budget it's not easy?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why don't you ring him and pass on this gem of advice. I'd imagine he keep looking whistfully at pictures of the midfielders we want, sighing to himself from time to time, wracking his brains for ways to contact them to see if they want to play for the Albion.

Or possibly he is talking to them, and negotiations are ongoing, and with our tight budget it's not easy?
What's his number?he wanted hs squad by June that's my point.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What's his number?he wanted hs squad by June that's my point.

Ees complicated??

He's got 3/5 of his new players in, plus a bonus Vicente; so a lot further towards a full squad than many other teams.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think we are much better prepared than most clubs on this division, we only need 2 players, some Clubs (like Palace, Leeds, Forest) are all over the place.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'm sure I read Poyet say he can get the midfielder anytime....Well what's he waiting for?...Surely it's better to get someone on board sooner rather than later. Very strange thing to say.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
This is a complete random shout but...

Brian Stock from Doncaster.

Known for his play making, good awareness, good vision and decent pasing ability. He's 30 years old so he's got a fair amount of experience, Welsh international and a star player at Doncaster, I think he'd fit the bill perfectly.

£300k should be enough and I should imagine his wages shouldn't be a problem what so ever.

Only 5'11 but he'd fit in well.

Wendrongull

Jul 18, 2012
cornwall
This is a complete random shout but...

Brian Stock from Doncaster.

Known for his play making, good awareness, good vision and decent pasing ability. He's 30 years old so he's got a fair amount of experience, Welsh international and a star player at Doncaster, I think he'd fit the bill perfectly.

£300k should be enough and I should imagine his wages shouldn't be a problem what so ever.

Only 5'11 but he'd fit in well.

After Bridge, Saltor and Kuszack; Brian Stock would be a bit of a let down!! Rememeber signing him on FM though, did a job. :p

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm sure I read Poyet say he can get the midfielder anytime....Well what's he waiting for?...Surely it's better to get someone on board sooner rather than later. Very strange thing to say.

I think the point is there is more choice...I would have thought that generally signing players is a lengthy process

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Saw in the Argus comments yesterday a rumour started re Guti, another late thirties overseas player. No source so doubt it has any legs and am hoping our next addition has an age starting with a 2!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I see that Hull have signed Sone Aluko (ex Birmingham and Rangers). I have a feeling he will be immense in the Championship he had so much promise as a youngster and has been developing consistently.

Could be a cue for Aaron McLean to move on which could make CMS very happy indeed??

seagullfromamex

Apr 6, 2012
Saw in the Argus comments yesterday a rumour started re Guti, another late thirties overseas player. No source so doubt it has any legs and am hoping our next addition has an age starting with a 2!

Starting with a 2, yes. Although, those starting with 3s are usually pretty experienced and can sometimes do a better job than those in 2s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here