Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's Next Signing (merged)

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Pretty certain Bozza tweeted spectacular and unexpected about half an hour or so before the club officially announced that Vicente was returning to training. Most of us were waiting on the 7.30pm news and he had clearly already been told what it was.

Is the correct answer...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Pretty certain Bozza tweeted spectacular and unexpected about half an hour or so before the club officially announced that Vicente was returning to training. Most of us were waiting on the 7.30pm news and he had clearly already been told what it was.

tweet was on jul 6th, club announcement next evening on 7th

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I still thing most on here found in unexpected. I did anyway.

Is the correct answer...

tweet was on jul 6th, club announcement next evening on 7th

Don't want to get too petty but this doesn't mean a great deal. I assumed the 'unexpected' tweet meant it WASN'T the spectacular news / signing..? Also original tweet re spectacular signing said 'next wk' which was the wk just gone? Also I don't class Vicente as a 'signing' atall - it was a contract ext?

I'm sure the boz-man can clear this up for us to avoid confusion. Please [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

YES ! As I remember it ! The "spectacular" tweet was BEFORE Vicente coming back was announced. The post referring to Gem player, and also Inter Milan were something completely separate.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
YES ! As I remember it ! The "spectacular" tweet was BEFORE Vicente coming back was announced. The post referring to Gem player, and also Inter Milan were something completely separate.

This.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No he definitely tweeted a few hours before!

are you sure?

6th July (midday ish from memory)

North Stand Chat ‏@NorthStandChat

"Spectacular" - the word being used to describe another potential ‪#bhafc‬ signing next week. ‪#ExcitingTimes

7th July (late evening)

Vicente Back for Pre Season
Posted on: Sat 07 Jul 2012

By Paul Camillin

Seagulls star Vicente will return to Brighton this weekend to begin pre-season training with Albion this week.

The Spaniard has yet to return to the club due to family reasons, but will return to Sussex tomorrow and link up with the squad for training on Monday.

Albion boss Gus Poyet said, "I'm absolutely delighted to say that Vicente will be with us next season and to know he will be part of the squad is fantastic news for the club and our supporters.

"Too much has been made of the situation but Vicente's had some personal issues to resolve before being able to return to England; nothing to do with football or financial issues.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
No there were tweets on the day from the NSC account of simply 'spectacular' and 'unexpected'.

Anyway, que sera sera eh, let's wait and see what happens!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
No there were tweets on the day from the NSC account of simply 'spectacular' and 'unexpected'.

There were tweets on the 6th and the 7th so everybody is right, If you read back through this thread you can find out what was said and when.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Argus said there was a chance of getting someone in before the team leaves for Spain on Sunday, but not definate.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's something announced today, but that's just pure optimism.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
are you ITK SG?? :D

I wish :lol:

The couple of contacts I have inside football are not at Albion but what they have said in terms of asides has all been about how active we are/how progressive we are/how we are on the up/bringing in quality etc - so all the talk around those who are ITK is positive.

If I had to guess who we might bring in I think I would be looking at a midfielder next and the striker on the back burner but as for a name.....................? when you consider the pages and pages of rumour and supposition that has gone into what striker we might be looking at and then Gus reveals it was a lad from Genoa and we were beaten by a tax free bid by Monaco. Had anyone mentioned Ribas? Had they buggery! Gotta reckon that the next one will be the same. :)

So no names from me and just a guess that Gus desperately wants his new midfielder training with the lads in Spain

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I wish :lol:

The couple of contacts I have inside football are not at Albion but what they have said in terms of asides has all been about how active we are/how progressive we are/how we are on the up/bringing in quality etc - so all the talk around those who are ITK is positive.

If I had to guess who we might bring in I think I would be looking at a midfielder next and the striker on the back burner but as for a name.....................? when you consider the pages and pages of rumour and supposition that has gone into what striker we might be looking at and then Gus reveals it was a lad from Genoa and we were beaten by a tax free bid by Monaco. Had anyone mentioned Ribas? Had they buggery! Gotta reckon that the next one will be the same. :)

So no names from me and just a guess that Gus desperately wants his new midfielder training with the lads in Spain

maybe he is in spain already.....???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here