Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's Next Signing (merged)

seagullfromamex

Apr 6, 2012
I think I am pretty sure I have seen a great, young player at AMEX today. He is hopefully not the fantastic signing we are expected to sign next week, but he is really a GREAT addition.

Striker, lower league, u-25, can you guess who he is?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think I am pretty sure I have seen a great, young player at AMEX today. He is hopefully not the fantastic signing we are expected to sign next week, but he is really a GREAT addition.

Striker, lower league, u-25, can you guess who he is?

Rhodes ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Washed up............made a fresh pot of coffee........still 3 minutes to go.............................................tick:tick:tick:tick................................

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
With our transfer budget still largely intact courtesy of some shrewd free transfers (ok maybe we've had to up the wages budget instead - especially if the Telegraph report that we are contributing £16k pw of Bridge's pay) so then maybe we might be in a position to smash our transfer record again.

At 6' 2'' Rhodes is sort of goalscoring lump we need up front but from what I have seen he is bit more cultured than that plus he is young and with CMS can develop their understanding from the Scotland squad. Maybe he isn't the superstar everyone was speculating about and being unproven at Championship level is a bit of a punt, but is one to continue developing with us. If true it would be good business and delighted to have him on board.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I wouldn't be overjoyed with Rhodes tbh. He's not experienced at this level and could struggle like CMS.

I think CMS did ok last season considering the support he received, often being the lone striker.

OK CMS lost his mojo a bit but I am very hopeful that he will be more effective next season.

Maybe a CMS / Rhodes partnership might flourish but the question for me is would they get much pitch time together?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think CMS did ok last season considering the support he received, often being the lone striker.

OK CMS lost his mojo a bit but I am very hopeful that he will be more effective next season.

Maybe a CMS / Rhodes partnership might flourish but the question for me is would they get much pitch time together?

I think it is irrelevant as I don't think Rhodes is the new player. It's just a hunch.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I think it is irrelevant as I don't think Rhodes is the new player. It's just a hunch.

I agree that the Rhodes thing is speculation, but whoever the new striker is I still wonder how much time he would spend on the pitch and whether the tactics would make the most effective use of him, like CMS suffered last season.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Just to add a little fuel to the flames...........I live in Rustington. Its between Worthing and Littlehampton. There is a village called East Preston not far from here, there is a pub called the Seaview. A certain Chelsea midfielder has recently purchased a house a couple of doors away from it. He has been mentioned in this thread as being fat. Now, I am not suggesting that he is signing, all I am saying is that he, and his tele presenting partner, have moved into the area..............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here