Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's Next Signing (merged)

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Just a thought but what about Owen Hargreaves on a free? Would need to be 'pay as you play' for obvious reasons but was fit and training for City before being released!

I agree - if he's fit could be worth a punt - quality player - probably want too much dosh though....

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Wish list :

1 striker
2 midfielders ( 3 if Vicente doesn't come back )

and if we're living in dreamland :

2nd striker
Central defender
(which I imagine would both be loans.)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Gus has already said we weren't willing to pay the wages McCann was after, so I highly doubt it's him. That was a few weeks back, I presume we moved onto other targets quite some time ago.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gus has already said we weren't willing to pay the wages McCann was after, so I highly doubt it's him. That was a few weeks back, I presume we moved onto other targets quite some time ago.

Thanks. Either missed that or (most likely) the memory isn't what it used to be :thumbsup:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Unless I missed something, that was Dean Marney (also at Burnley), not Chris McCann. I have not heard McCann mentioned before this weekend.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I hope Gus continues to look outside the championship for new signings.

Do we really want the discards from clubs lower than us.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Thanks. Either missed that or (most likely) the memory isn't what it used to be :thumbsup:

Unless I missed something, that was Dean Marney (also at Burnley), not Chris McCann. I have not heard McCann mentioned before this weekend.

Bollocks, my memory really has gone completely. I was thinking of Dean Marney, apologies.

Either way, Mccann wouldn't be cheap:

Swansea City linked with Burnley captain Chris McCann - Swansea City News - Swansea City - Football - WalesOnline With the same £2m figure placed in the Daily Mail too (not a great source but both saying the same figure).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Not quite a massive signing that would make people stand up and listen tbh but still looks alright.

That would be great, I used to love watching him play for Venezia when Channel 4 used to show Italian football - great free-kick taker iirc :thumbsup:

edit: oops quoted wrong post, meant to quote the one above re: Alvaro Recoba :blush::p

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Hugo Rodallega? I think he is out of contract and would be a great signing.

he's shyte.........of all the names on here derry fits the bill , defence is sorted , just need a bohiemoth up front for craig to run off .......sorted.....jason roberts would do nicely.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Must be a good one if even the police are tweeting about it.

Darren Balkham‏@Suspolfootball

A good signing for #bhafc today and if the rumours are correct another excellent one to come very soon. #roleonaugust

Who is Roleon August ?

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
That would be great, I used to love watching him play for Venezia when Channel 4 used to show Italian football - great free-kick taker iirc :thumbsup:

i would love to see him play for us but I just don't think that he's the spectacular signing everyone's been talking about, not renown enough for english fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here