Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's newest and probably most unlikely fan...

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I was helping out a friend who was doing a charity gig near Manchester last night. Ended up chatting with David Gill and Sir Alex about the Albion for a while. They had nothing but praise for Hughton and Bloom, and also Knight. Both confident that the future's very bright for the Albion. Sir Alex commented about how amazed he was at our 5-0 victory over Norwich, and took my reply about teams managed by Scotsmen called Alex being suspect in great spirit. Finally, I had a cameo role at the end of my friend's performance and used the opportunity to jokingly present him with my Brighton & Hove Albion scarf. He was greatly amused and happily posed for photographs and was still wearing it as he left. Onwards and Upwards! :)

Quality !!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I disliked the mind games portion of his work, with remarks in interviews designed to affect the thinking of referees and opposition, but everything else he did as a manager was top drawer and classy, the mind games bit was sneaky IMHO.

Thank you all for the kind comments. I had an approach to publish the photos, so got in touch with the event organiser who got in touch with Fergie, as I felt I should ask their permission. He and the organiser were flattered but felt it was something of it's moment and they didn't want to set a precedent - or take anything away from the charitable nature of the event. Imagine if someone turned up with a Man City scarf at the next event he attends and tries the same trick! I could see their point. As many have said, I too didn't care much for his character whilst he was a manager, but he was an absolute gentleman yesterday evening and I felt he was genuinely interested in how the Albion are doing. David Gill also commented that he respected Paul Barber's comments about the play-off structure meaning Wednesday rested their players ahead of the play-off first leg whilst we didn't have that opportunity, and that it needs looking at again. I felt Fergie clearly likes Hughton as a manager and a person too. I'll have to buy a new scarf for the Villa game though :)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Howz about when the cuddly, genial Scot picked a fight ALLEGEDLY with our darling Becks? Keane and Stam?

Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Veron.

It's too easy.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
You do get the feeling that a lot of the great & good in the game really would like to see the Albion in the PL. I think they know we offer something new & fresh; the fans of PL clubs would certainly be more excited about an away day to Brighton rather than Boro, Hull or Burnley.
Could it be our year? Certainly not short of people willing us to do it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Love him or hate him the best British manager of all time. I too have also heard he is a decent bloke. Nice story, good work.

I like Alex............Always buys his round

As a manager and his press conferences I used to hate listening to him. He is one of those guys if he is managing the opposition , he always seems to have been watching a different match to you

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Discussing this earlier and you wonder if Hughton is heavily influenced by Ferguson, albeit at a Championship level.

Their style of play is predominately about counter attacking at pace and getting men forward all over the pitch

Loves playing with attacking fullbacks supporting the wingers in a classic 4 4 2.

Wingers - he favours one pacey flair winger and one crossing/deadball workhorse. Giggs/Ronaldo/Knockaert/Murphy Beckham/Skalak

His "defensive" midfielder is more of an all rounder who chips in with a fair share of goals. Keane/Stephens

Built from strong centre back partnerships. Duffy/Dunk, Bruce/Pallister, Ferdinand/Vidic

Always keen to stay in the game away from home rather than do anything daft.

Possibly reading too much into things as a lot of great sides probably haven't been too different but when you think about it it does kind of make sense.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here