Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton’s Loan Army 2020/21

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Battle of the CB's tonight with Derby vs Coventry. Clarke starts but Ostigard is on the bench.

Both are yet to make a compelling case for inclusion in the first team squad next season

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I started writing this summary yesterday but didnt get all the way, think there are 3-4 players not in it. Oh well, dont have the energy right now.

Matt Clarke, Derby
13 games / 0 goals
Whoscored rating: 7.04
Derby are in the bottom of the league but both Whoscored and a quick readup on fan opinions tells me that Clarke is their best performing player this season together with his partner in defense, Curtis Davies.

Jürgen Locadia, FC Cincinnati (MLS)
15 (3) games / 1 goal
Whoscored rating: 6.23

One goal, zero assists... overall just shit and it will be difficult to ship him anywhere in the summer.

Shane Duffy, Celtic
12 (2) games / 2 goals
Whoscored rating: 7.15 in SPL, 6.09 in EL

As you may have noticed, Celtic are shit and Duffy are underperforming as well and things have not gone as anyone wanted or expected
Glenn Murray, Watford
1 (4) games / 0 goals
Whoscored rating: 6.16

Just 110 minutes of play for Glenn who more often than not finds himself outside the match squad. Watford kept more strikers than they expected and also signed Perica at the end of the transfer window and Glenn is now the 5th or 6th option.

Viktor Gyökeres, Swansea
2 (5) games / 0 goals
Whoscored rating: 6.21

Only 213 minutes played so far and faces quite stiff competition in Swansea. Their manager is also allergic to substitutions so opportunities will be rare. Not what anyone hoped for so far.

Haydon Roberts, Rochdale
7 games / 0 goals
Whoscored rating: 6.42

Regular in the Rochdale starting lineup but perhaps not really tearing the league apart. Good stats with the ball but seems to have a horribly difficult time winning headers.

Roco Rees, Worthing
No idea.

Tudor Baluta, Dynamo Kiev (Ukraine)
0 (3) games / 0 goals
Whoscored rating: n/a

Two CL appearances - made his debut playing 30 seconds against Ferencvaros. Kiev were up 2-1 and Baluta was brought on to defend a set piece, but destroyed the Kiev offside trap allowing Ferencvaros to equalise. Legendary coach Lucescu took the blame: "I take the blame for the changes made in the match. I usually do not make such changes during set pieces. The incoming player needs time to integrate into the teams defensive mechanism."
After the game Baluta had a bout of covid before finally making his league debut (short subsitution) ten days ago and also got 8 minutes against Barca last week.

Billy Arce, LDU Quito
2 (7) games / 1 goal

The 22 year old is supposed to return to Brighton at the end of the year but... well. I dont care,

Michal Karbownik, Legia Warzawa (Poland)
6 (1) games / 0 goals

Legia are doing well and are currently second in the Polish Ekstraklasa. Karbo is obviously a regular starter in the team but recently missed a month of action due to covid, before returning to the starting lineup yesterday.

Jakub Moder, Lech Poznan
13 games / 4 goals
Whoscored rating: 7.00 (only his 4 EL games counted)

Poznan looks like they have some issues participating in both EL and the Ekstraklasa and results have suffered but Moder seems to be their star player and so far has scored 4 goals in 9 league appearances while also doing well in the EL.

Ryan Longman, AFC Wimbledon
10 (2) games / 3 goals
Whoscored rating: 6.73

Wimbledon are doing a bit better than expected and Longman has started most of the games, scoring three goals and one assist. While I dont know much about him I have a feeling that he is one of a few loan players doing better than expected.

Jan Mlakar, Maribor (Slovenia)
7 (5) games / 3 goals
Maribor are leading the Slovenian league as expected and Mlakar is seeing increased time up front next to club legend Marco Tavares (almost 500 appearances!). Three goals and one assist so far and maybe this random young man could have a decent future... somewhere.

Warren O'Hora, Milton Keynes based franchise
9 games / 0 goals
Whoscored rating: 6.67

Seems to be doing quite well in the entity formerly known as Wimbledon FC. Starts pretty much every game and gets a lot of praise for his excellent build up play.

Leo Östigård
9 (2) games / 0 goals
Whoscored rating: 6.40

Some ups and downs for Leo as well as for Coventry, currently the team that has conceded the most goals (24) of any Championship team. That said, their defense looked even more **** when they benched him for a few games and he is now back in the starting eleven. Everyone is probably quite happy with this loan deal so far.

Taylor Richards, Doncaster
4 (4) games / 1 goal
Whoscored rating: 6.89

After a good start Richards got injured and only recently came back, producing the match winning assist in this weekends game against some team (I closed my tab) after coming on as a half-time sub. Yesterday he was involved in the winning goal against Carlisle in the FA Cup.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Viktor Gyökeres, Swansea
2 (5) games / 0 goals

Only 213 minutes played so far and faces quite stiff competition in Swansea. Their manager is also allergic to substitutions so opportunities will be rare. Not what anyone hoped for so far.

Hasn’t he been out due to Covid ???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't follow the loanees abroad but I do usually look at the BBC match reports to get a idea how our youngsters are getting on. Sadly, with the exception of Roberts (of whom more later) they don't seem to be having the outstanding success that White, Molumby and Sanchez had last year.
I'm staggered that O'Hora has played nine times for MK Dons - whenever I've looked at the team lists he doesn't see to be on it. I know he missed some matches due to a concussion issue.
Richards started well at Sonny, but has been out injured for a while, and Ostigaard has been in and out an Coventry. Longman has looked sharp at Wimbledon, often as an impact sub; Clarke has been solid enough at Derby, but I get the impression that he is more likely to be sold/released rather than returning to rejoin the Albion.
Roberts, however, has been doing excellently at Rochdale. Even if some NSCers have decided that he can't head the ball, the Rochdale fans are delighted with him, often making him MOTM, and rating him really highly; they can't beieve how much the defence has improved since he arrived. Perhaps he can jump higher in that rarified northern air ........

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Pretty harsh on him on their forum too - "Send the bellend back to Brighton."

Don't think they like him ...........................

Unfortunately It doesn't look like he's the striker we've been hoping for. Probably best to move him on soon.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I started writing this summary yesterday but didnt get all the way, think there are 3-4 players not in it. Oh well, dont have the energy right now.

Matt Clarke, Derby
13 games / 0 goals
Whoscored rating: 7.04
Derby are in the bottom of the league but both Whoscored and a quick readup on fan opinions tells me that Clarke is their best performing player this season together with his partner in defense, Curtis Davies.

Jürgen Locadia, FC Cincinnati (MLS)
15 (3) games / 1 goal
Whoscored rating: 6.23

One goal, zero assists... overall just shit and it will be difficult to ship him anywhere in the summer.

Shane Duffy, Celtic
12 (2) games / 2 goals
Whoscored rating: 7.15 in SPL, 6.09 in EL

As you may have noticed, Celtic are shit and Duffy are underperforming as well and things have not gone as anyone wanted or expected
Glenn Murray, Watford
1 (4) games / 0 goals
Whoscored rating: 6.16

Just 110 minutes of play for Glenn who more often than not finds himself outside the match squad. Watford kept more strikers than they expected and also signed Perica at the end of the transfer window and Glenn is now the 5th or 6th option.

Viktor Gyökeres, Swansea
2 (5) games / 0 goals

Haydon Roberts, Rochdale
7 games / 0 goals
Whoscored rating: 6.42

Regular in the Rochdale starting lineup but perhaps not really tearing the league apart. Good stats with the ball but seems to have a horribly difficult time winning headers.

Roco Rees, Worthing
No idea.

Tudor Baluta, Dynamo Kiev (Ukraine)
0 (3) games / 0 goals

Two CL appearances - made his debut playing 30 seconds against Ferencvaros. Kiev were up 2-1 and Baluta was brought on to defend a set piece, but destroyed the Kiev offside trap allowing Ferencvaros to equalise. Legendary coach Lucescu took the blame: "I take the blame for the changes made in the match. I usually do not make such changes during set pieces. The incoming player needs time to integrate into the teams defensive mechanism."
After the game Baluta had a bout of covid before finally making his league debut (short subsitution) ten days ago and also got 8 minutes against Barca last week.

Billy Arce, LDU Quito
2 (7) games / 1 goal

The 22 year old is supposed to return to Brighton at the end of the year but... well. I dont care,

Michal Karbownik, Legia Warzawa (Poland)
6 (1) games / 0 goals

Legia are doing well and are currently second in the Polish Ekstraklasa. Karbo is obviously a regular starter in the team but recently missed a month of action due to covid, before returning to the starting lineup yesterday.

Jakub Moder, Lech Poznan
13 games / 4 goals
Whoscored rating: 7.00 (only his 4 EL games counted)

Poznan looks like they have some issues participating in both EL and the Ekstraklasa and results have suffered but Moder seems to be their star player and so far has scored 4 goals in 9 league appearances while also doing well in the EL.

Ryan Longman, AFC Wimbledon
10 (2) games / 3 goals
Whoscored rating: 6.73

Wimbledon are doing a bit better than expected and Longman has started most of the games, scoring three goals and one assist. While I dont know much about him I have a feeling that he is one of a few loan players doing better than expected.

Jan Mlakar, Maribor (Slovenia)
7 (5) games / 3 goals
Maribor are leading the Slovenian league as expected and Mlakar is seeing increased time up front next to club legend Marco Tavares (almost 500 appearances!). Three goals and one assist so far and maybe this random young man could have a decent future... somewhere.

Warren O'Hora, Milton Keynes based franchise
9 games / 0 goals
Whoscored rating: 6.67

Seems to be doing quite well in the entity formerly known as Wimbledon FC. Starts pretty much every game and gets a lot of praise for his excellent build up play.

Leo Östigård
9 (2) games / 0 goals
Whoscored rating: 6.40

Some ups and downs for Leo as well as for Coventry, currently the team that has conceded the most goals (24) of any Championship team. That said, their defense looked even more **** when they benched him for a few games and he is now back in the starting eleven. Everyone is probably quite happy with this loan deal so far.

Taylor Richards, Doncaster
4 (4) games / 1 goal
Whoscored rating: 6.89

After a good start Richards got injured and only recently came back, producing the match winning assist in this weekends game against some team (I closed my tab) after coming on as a half-time sub. Yesterday he was involved in the winning goal against Carlisle in the FA Cup.

I think you said you have an interest in Dutch football? So.....locadia - did we sign someone who was already a dud, and the signs were there? Or was he was a decent player when we got him, and , for whatever reason, he became shit?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He played in a variety of positions for St Pauli last season, but mostly in LM/LW.

he's also 22 . Should rip that league up if will make it in prem.

Haven't seen much of him but have seen enough to know he isnt the answer for us at our current level.

Longman scoring again is good though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here