Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton’s Loan Army 2020/21

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I know sometime to go but surprised havent moved on more players. All those that were out on loan have had a taste of first team football and unless in our squad will want to go. Now got 4 goal keepers as well

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I know sometime to go but surprised havent moved on more players. All those that were out on loan have had a taste of first team football and unless in our squad will want to go. Now got 4 goal keepers as well

Five. Ryan, Button, Steele, Walton, Sanchez.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
CONFIRMED

Jurgen Locadia to FC Cincinnati (MLS)
Jan Mlakar to NK Maribor (Slovenian Prva Liga)
Warren O'Hora to MK Dons (League One)
Taylor Richards to Doncaster Rovers (League One)
Percy Tau to Anderlecht (Belgian Jupiler League)

Best of luck to Richards. I think he arrived expecting to be closer to the first team than he ended up being, but he should be good enough to really stand out at L1 level in my opinion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is as good a thread as any for the 2020/21 Loanee Tracker.

Confirmed so far:

Jurgen Locadia to FC Cincinatti (MLS)

Expect another 15-20 players out over the next few weeks.
Is Mlakar likely to come back to us, or is this a loan to hopefully get him a career elsewhere? I don't suppose there's any chance of offloading Locadia ....................

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is Mlakar likely to come back to us, or is this a loan to hopefully get him a career elsewhere? I don't suppose there's any chance of offloading Locadia ....................

Loaning him back to Slovenia rather than somewhere in i.e. League One usually indicates "bye bye"... but I guess if he scores like 25 goals or something you never know

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If anyone is so inclined, they can watch Warren O'Hora start for MK Dons against Arsenal on youtube this evening:-

[TWEET]1298289037178859520[/TWEET]

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If anyone is so inclined, they can watch Warren O'Hora start for MK Dons against Arsenal on youtube this evening:-

[TWEET]1298289037178859520[/TWEET]

Cheers!
Playing on the right of a 3. So marking Auba. Giving him a good go to be fair. 2-1 Arsenal after 35.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
CONFIRMED

Matt Clarke to Derby County (Championship)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
CONFIRMED

Matt Clarke to Derby County (Championship)

Ryan Longman to AFC Wimbledon (League One)

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I really don't think we can hold anyone's performances in an ALLLLLLLLLLLLLan Pardew team against them.

I thought it was an abysmal choice of loan club at the time.

Agreed it was a poor choice. In Alan's defence, I don't think many managers could've turned that squad around. That being said, I do think Baluta has a lot to improve upon.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Decent move for him. Max Sanders did pretty well on loan there last season so hope he can do the same.

Still impresses me the level we can get young players out on loan to these days. I remember the days when Sussex County League teams weren't interested in our youth team players

The article on Wimbledon’s website suggests they wanted Longman in January, but he was injured. Really impressed them in our victory against them in the Tinpot Trophy. Maybe that competition does have a purpose!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Can the opening post be edited to one that shows the actual players out on loan.

Imagine Roberts and Cochrane will be announced shortly. Think Sanders will be sold on rather than heading out on loan.

With Baluta and Gyokeres both full internationals, I don’t see both being happy just being 25 man squad occasionally making the bench players.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

MK Dons getting ready to do a Leeds? :wink:

"I'm going to lay my cards out early and say that if the "3 or 4" signings are O'Hora as well as Brittain and Mason re-joining, then we're officially in meltdown land".

"I really don't understand the club, not announcing signings when they happen, and string it along for a few days. That's fine for a Marquee signing but (and no offence t the lad) O'Hora isn't one".

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can the opening post be edited to one that shows the actual players out on loan.

Imagine Roberts and Cochrane will be announced shortly. Think Sanders will be sold on rather than heading out on loan.

With Baluta and Gyokeres both full internationals, I don’t see both being happy just being 25 man squad occasionally making the bench players.

Sanders signed a new contract in July, would be weird to sell him?

Also Gyökeres is not really much of a "full international" - only played in Sweden's yearly January tournament with only Scandinavia based players (plus him, because Brighton thought it would be a good experience).

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Sanders signed a new contract in July, would be weird to sell him?

Also Gyökeres is not really much of a "full international" - only played in Sweden's yearly January tournament with only Scandinavia based players (plus him, because Brighton thought it would be a good experience).

Sanders only signed a 12 month deal, so if we were to sell him we would get a smallish fee for him. We’ve done it in the past for a handful of players which we think are of value.

Wasn’t aware of that situation with VG.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here