Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton’s Lewis Dunk is so much more than a traditional centre-back, he’s ‘the whole package’

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
He is playing such a different game now to the first season in the prem. That season was all about him and Duff throwing their bodies in the way making desperate last ditch blocks, in a side that was always under the cosh. Things seemed to change when Sanchez came into the side and Dunky grew in confidence, but his game has since been transformed taking him to a new level.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
He reminds me of certain Italian defenders of the past, a Chiellini type (who, despite his criminal face, boasts two degrees in economics and commerce and in business administration).
AKA the love of my life

qhbidH.gif

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Now being reported by Naylor via Ornstein that Dunk is in line for a call up to the England squad on Wednesday.

Bloody about time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All the time Lewis Dunk is in our starting line-up I know everything will be okay.
It's something we all now seem to take for granted.

It's frightening to think how we would cope without him.
Couldn't be more part of the furniture. Can't imagine Brighton and Hove Albion without him now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All the time Lewis Dunk is in our starting line-up I know everything will be okay.
It's something we all now seem to take for granted.

It's frightening to think how we would cope without him
That thing where LD just stands forever with the ball before finally passing it five yards sideways to Colwill or sprays it out to the unmarked wing? Not all that frightening. Milner could do that. And the blocks. Legs might struggle to get up for corners tho 😄

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Too bad Southgate (is that right?) doesn't take him into consideration, along with Steele and Colwill (are they English?).
Yes that's right, Southgate's the manager and Steele and Colwill are both English. There are lots of sites where you can find out basic information like that, so why not take a look? You'll be impressed by the number of countries our players come from 👍

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Was mildly interested in going to England v North Macedonia... for five minutes, before realising that it's at Old Trafford.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s a class act, what a journey from the talented kid we first saw in L1. From day one he was clearly working his socks off in training to improve the inevitable weaknesses. The last one being some sending offs I think. I assume that his Dad, Mark, was a huge influence to young Lewis.

Comes across as modest and calm, a dream for all the managers he’s played under.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
His consistency is frightening and easily one of the top defenders in england at the moment, I hope he gets a call up as reported this week as it’s criminal he has been overlooked and would no doubt mean the world to him and his family.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If it happens, then I'm pleased for Lewis, but it does make Southgate's England selection look even more like Garth's team of the week selection :shrug:

At least 4 years too late you complete :tosser::tosser:

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I went to school with mark his dad and we played football together at Buckingham school in Shoreham. I did not realise he played non league football can anyone tell me where he played please. He wasn’t very good if I remember but must have matured in a decent footballer and fair play to mark. I only made county league football but would like to say to mark thank you for producing such a great footballer who is a legend at brighton.At zarfelly do you remember Mark?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If it happens, then I'm pleased for Lewis, but it does make Southgate's England selection look even more like Garth's team of the week selection :shrug:

At least 4 years too late you complete :tosser::tosser:
This. Southgate is a nob and a total sheep.

He's spent years picking inferior players just because of the clubs they've been at. Clueless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here