Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Wrexham FANS UNITED Scarves Now On Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
attila said:
I am not part of any bloody establishment and will ALWAYS say what I think, to you, Simster, Dick Knight or Bill bloody Archer. To say 'clubs and their fans should fight their own battles' goes against everything which we Albion fans have been
doing for the past ten years - if it hadn't been for the support of other clubs at the Fans United events and many others in subsequent years, where would we be now?

And the reason many of us care so much about Wrexham is because Hamilton is is doing more or less exactly what Archer did and we know exactly how the Wrexham fans feel right now. It's called solidarity!

Too right, I am angry. But I'm not getting into a row on an internet message board. You don't like what I say, you know where I am, come and discuss it face to face!

And to dismiss such an act of solidarity as a joint scarf by saying 'they look shit' -

You've put it better than anyone. There is an obsession at the moment of saying everyone on NSC is one. A big group. Utter nonsense. NSC is a great read because they're are so many different people/opinions. You've got Easy 10, Lord Bracknell, Lizards, Kev the Ape etc etc

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
For once it isn't me looking like a goon! Some people have really shown themselves up on here!

Now, wheres The Laughing Bluetit when you need him?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've no idea where you are Attila, I wouldn't elevate someone disagreeing with you into 'row' status, I just think for someone who makes a living out of slagging off people you disagree with, you are surprisingly intolerant of other points of view.

It's a bit rich to in one breath/post call people arseholes on here as you have, and then go all holier-than-thou with the 'I'm not getting into an internet row, let's do it face to face'. I can't be the only person that isn't buying that.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
How tight can these scarves go around Simster's and Tooting's necks? Just wondered, like...

If you imagine I'll be meeting my maker with that thing round my neck, you can think again.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
attila said:
I am not part of any bloody establishment and will ALWAYS say what I think, to you, Simster, Dick Knight or Bill bloody Archer. To say 'clubs and their fans should fight their own battles' goes against everything which we Albion fans have been
doing for the past ten years - if it hadn't been for the support of other clubs at the Fans United events and many others in subsequent years, where would we be now?

And the reason many of us care so much about Wrexham is because Hamilton is is doing more or less exactly what Archer did and we know exactly how the Wrexham fans feel right now. It's called solidarity!

Too right, I am angry. But I'm not getting into a row on an internet message board. You don't like what I say, you know where I am, come and discuss it face to face!

And to dismiss such an act of solidarity as a joint scarf by saying 'they look shit' -

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Well said, Attila!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Good effort, good idea, well done! Just ordered one.

I'm very disappointed to read this thread. Whatever your opinion of the scarf, Simster, sometimes it's better just to remain silent.

Albion fans are busy promoting a record - to raise the profile of Falmer and make some money for the Club. It may or may not be shit. But we'd be disappointed if our friends at other football clubs started knocking the thinking behind it.

Is it any wonder that we sometimes get accused of arrogance?

I'll reserve my opinion on the scarf until after the postman delivers one to Bracknell Towers. But, in all honesty, I don't care whether it's a good scarf or not. I'm just happy to be signed up to the principle of Fans United.

PS - I've got a 1991 Play-Off final scarf. Now that IS shit.

:lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
wxmfc2000 said:
Shares!!! We will be putting the money towards the Trust being represented on the board.

Very interesting. So fans of other clubs are no longer being asked to donate money in order to save Wrexham FC and the Racecourse, because it looks like the club and the ground are going to be safe anyway. But now we are being asked to help Wrexham fans to buy a seat on their own board. Is that correct?

I ask because I made a donation to the trust back in November when things were looking really bleak. At that time the money was apparently being raised in order to help the club pay off the Inland Revenue debt and avoid a winding-up order. But since then the club has gone into administration and I read that some of the money the fans had raised was instead being used to pay for the club's appeal against its 10-point deduction. Now you say it will be used to buy shares for the Trust.

Seems to me that the goalposts have been moved.

wxmfc2000

Sep 26, 2004
Not at all!! The aim has always been to get fans represented in the club. At the moment any speculation about the club being bought and saved(?) is just that. The administration team is doing what needs to be done to get us out of administration. This quite probably will involve trust funds. The bids that have been in the press recently are dragging and it is believed by some that Hamilton has no intention of selling. I was looking at it optimistically and with my personal views in mind. I am by no means informed enough on the subject to know if that is the current plan.

Clear that up for you??

I've just bought mine - good work chaps. As for some of the comments on here, I too am appalled. I fully agree with the sentiments above about short memories and our reputation as arrogant. So many fans of both Brighton and Wrexham have put in a hell of a lot of work to stop a repeat of Archer. If you have such short memories of the way other clubs rallied round to help us with Fans United and support for Falmer, then don't buy one. But the negative comments on this thread are crass at best. And bleating about being flamed for not toeing the party line is abhorrent IMHO. Surely you can bite your lip and not post if you don't agree.

This board is going down hill rapidly. More and more keyboard warriors. :nono:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
wxmfc2000 said:
The aim has always been to get fans represented in the club. Clear that up for you??

Not really, no. Does the trust have a website which explains the background to what it is trying to achieve? The initial aim was very definitely to pay off the Inland Revenue bill in November, I can remember that much.

I've always been puzzled as to where the money raised from Fans United appeals and the like actually ends up.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Apologies to wxmfc2000. Seems I've got the Wrexham Supporters Trust and the Wrexham Fighting Fund mixed up.

It was the Fighting Fund that was initially raising money to pay the Inland Revenue bill (see link below), and that's where my donation went. Any idea what has happened to that money? Has it been passed on to the Trust?

http://www.red-passion.com/news04/news0611.htm

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Great Cornholio said:
I've just bought mine - good work chaps. As for some of the comments on here, I too am appalled. I fully agree with the sentiments above about short memories and our reputation as arrogant. So many fans of both Brighton and Wrexham have put in a hell of a lot of work to stop a repeat of Archer. If you have such short memories of the way other clubs rallied round to help us with Fans United and support for Falmer, then don't buy one. But the negative comments on this thread are crass at best. And bleating about being flamed for not toeing the party line is abhorrent IMHO. Surely you can bite your lip and not post if you don't agree.

This board is going down hill rapidly. More and more keyboard warriors. :nono:

Absolutely unbelievable. So now the advice is 'you can bite your lip and not post if you don't agree'. You what? Have you totally lost the plot? Roll up for the 'one-message' board.

And 'abhorrent' is a word best saved for starvation, mass murder, terrorism, genocide...not internet flaming, or complaints thereof. Which is at best trivial.

wxmfc2000

Sep 26, 2004
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Apologies to wxmfc2000. Seems I've got the Wrexham Supporters Trust and the Wrexham Fighting Fund mixed up.

It was the Fighting Fund that was initially raising money to pay the Inland Revenue bill (see link below), and that's where my donation went. Any idea what has happened to that money? Has it been passed on to the Trust?

http://www.red-passion.com/news04/news0611.htm

No need for apologies fella, thanks for the donation!!!

www.buy.at/wrexhamsupporterstrust

Simster said:
Sorry, but they look SHIT.

Post of the week! :clap2:

Simster said:
Look you dopey clown, someone made the effort to make the pies at Leyton Orient but they're shit too.

Oh no, hang on. :clap2: :clap2: :lolol:

attila said:
Simster, rarely would I ever say something like this to a fellow Brighton fan , but f*** OFF YOU ARSEHOLE

AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! f***ing brilliant. :clap2: :lolol: :clap2: :lolol: :clap2:

On a more serious note.....

Yorkie said:
If you don't like the subject of a thread, don't open it and read it.

So basically, if you don't agree with something then you mustn't say anything?

Kind of defeats the object of a discussion board, don't you think?

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Safeway said:

On a more serious note.....

So basically, if you don't agree with something then you mustn't say anything?

Kind of defeats the object of a discussion board, don't you think?

That isn't what my post says.

Yorkie said:
That isn't what my post says.

No it isn't, but that is the message from some of the other posts on here.

Personally, I don't want to see any club go out of business, and I don't want to see any club go through the shit that we've been through because of crooked chairmen etc BUT I'm far more interested in what is going on with my club.

I do my bit to help out when I can, but when you look here and half the threads are Wrexham related it can get a bit tedious. I wish them luck and hope that everything gets sorted for them soon, but my interests are really only with the Albion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here