Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women's Home Ground?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Bite the bullet for maybe a 5 home game trial, open the Amex or even just the West and the East, give every Girl Under 18 who’s either playing football locally or likes football a season ticket that allows free entry when accompanied by a paying adult.

We've built it, but to slightly change the words of Kevin Costner, will they come?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
BBC thought this was so newsworthy that they hide it on their kids page under 'Newsround'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tony ALWAYS gets what he wants. Remember that.
Bloom has, and continues, to invest heavily in the women's game. As a participation sport women's football is growing heavily year-on-year; I understand it's one of the biggest in the US. Bloom clearly sees a future and wants to be part of it. I cant say i know much about the business side of the sport but given a choice of some naysayers on NSC, or Bloom, I know who I will back.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Develop Withdean
not opposed to this. We know that the site can accommodate crowds of up to 9,000 ish (just about) and some of the infrastructure is already in place- 1 stand, floodlights, a pitch, changing rooms etc plus the stadium has such a prominent place in Albion LORE

challenge would be wrestling the site away from the council although given their financial woes at the moment they may welcome a tidy lump sum from the Albion

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've said this before that PBOBE has a 'patch' that is destined to be the new stadium. He knows, TB knows and I guess a handfull of others know where it is going. They're just not letting on at the moment. Is the land that Ikea were taking now going to be housing or is it still available?
Next question, how big would you build it? 10K, 15K or start with 5K but easily expandable.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I've said this before that PBOBE has a 'patch' that is destined to be the new stadium. He knows, TB knows and I guess a handfull of others know where it is going. They're just not letting on at the moment. Is the land that Ikea were taking now going to be housing or is it still available?
Next question, how big would you build it? 10K, 15K or start with 5K but easily expandable.
Build it 15k with the option to reduce it down to 5k ….. 🤪😅

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
not opposed to this. We know that the site can accommodate crowds of up to 9,000 ish (just about) and some of the infrastructure is already in place- 1 stand, floodlights, a pitch, changing rooms etc plus the stadium has such a prominent place in Albion LORE

challenge would be wrestling the site away from the council although given their financial woes at the moment they may welcome a tidy lump sum from the Albion
Withdean is a well used public athletics facility - the only 400m track in the entire city of Brighton and Hove. There are lots of places people can play football.

Any proposal to build a stadium there (that removes the track) will get no support from me, or I would hope, many other right-minded people.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Withdean is a well used public athletics facility - the only 400m track in the entire city of Brighton and Hove. There are lots of places people can play football.

Any proposal to build a stadium there (that removes the track) will get no support from me, or I would hope, many other right-minded people.

No need to get rid of the track, keep it as a multi use venue. What I wouldn't want is the Albion renting it from the council as they took the mick last time.

Let the Albion buy it from the council, spruce it up and keep athletics (and non league football) continue there alongside it. I'm confident that the Albion could run it better than the council anyway

the positives are that all of the foundations are already there, surely cheaper than building a whole new stadium from scratch

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Not a bad shout. I guess that patch of land is connected to the Performance Centre at Lancing, so it makes a bit of sense to build a stadium on that land. Plus the U23's would be able to use that stadium as well, as its on the Lancing campus.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
No need to get rid of the track, keep it as a multi use venue. What I wouldn't want is the Albion renting it from the council as they took the mick last time.

Let the Albion buy it from the council, spruce it up and keep athletics (and non league football) continue there alongside it. I'm confident that the Albion could run it better than the council anyway

the positives are that all of the foundations are already there, surely cheaper than building a whole new stadium from scratch
In an ideal world, sure, but given how hideous running tracks are to the feel of football arenas I would be staggered if the club went with that approach after paying for the site unless it's a condition of planning permission.

Besides, I'm fairly sure Withdean's residents would make life near on impossible

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This wouldn’t surprise me at all……proximity to Lancing, land already owned, transport infrastructure being improved (eventually) etc….…but isn’t the site outside of the B&H council area that just voted to support the team moving to the city ?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
This wouldn’t surprise me at all……proximity to Lancing, land already owned, transport infrastructure being improved (eventually) etc….…but isn’t the site outside of the B&H council area that just voted to support the team moving to the city ?
The only thing with that is that its irrelevant for Brighton and Hove Council to vote on it. It would be Adur that need to vote yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here