Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women next home match Sunday 12th January at 12.30pm vs Arsenal - also on BBC!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Got my Red Button Buzzword Bingo card ready. Last time I forced myself to watch Albion Ladies, commentator, er, commentated that 'Brighton are tiring now' about five minutes into the second half :facepalm:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
0-4 done well to keep it down to that.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Although the girls lost 4 - 0, obviously to a far superior side, I thought that we played miles better than when I watched last season, when, to be frank, whatever the pc boys and girls say, was dire.

Onwards and upwards!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Although the girls lost 4 - 0, obviously to a far superior side, I thought that we played miles better than when I watched last season, when, to be frank, whatever the pc boys and girls say, was dire.

Onwards and upwards!

They are improving but do look some way off. I wonder how much has been invested compared to the others. Obviously TB is investing in their training facilities but our players do not appear the same class. To me some of the coaching leaves a lot to be desired as basic defending set up isn't being done, the second goal a perfect example of not having the awareness of what is going on.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
'No Hope' Powell OUT

She'll be moaning about VAR again and not first class ref's in her game. Lets be honest though given the standard of the football being equivalent to men's County Two level, they typically have to put up with a 50+ overweight arthritic bloke who can just about run round the centre circle, so she should stop getting all high and mighty and be happy just how much investment is being put in the women's game.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Was always going to be a tough game against the league leaders who had too much class for Brighton this afternoon in front of a crowd of over 1300.

Think early goal blew any potential confidence we might have taken into the game and we gave them too much respect for the first 30 minutes in particular. Arsenal passing was much slicker than ours and generally found a teammate which is more than could be said for ours, especially when they pressed us. They did look a bit vulnerable when we pressed them, but we didn't have enough to keep it up for long periods which is what was required. Would've been nice to have at least one shot on target too but not to be.

With the other teams around us all losing (at time of writing anyway) its not as bad an afternoon as it looks and we'll just have to put this result behind us and move on to Man Utd away in the cup on Wednesday and West Ham away next Sunday. My player of the match was Victoria Williams at the back.

UTA!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Quite a tonking today

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here