Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Brighton will target Ipswich’s Kieran McKenna"

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Guardian sauce. Keeps your taste buds from getting offended.

What load of old rubbish. Quite how the Guardian's West Ham-supporting Chelsea correspondent would know anything about the Albion's intentions is a bit of a mystery, frankly. "It is understood Brighton have been making contingency plans .."?? Well, duh.

Somethingdean

May 18, 2019
Brighton WILL sign Ipswich's Kieran McKenna. They don't care if he RELEGATES them. The Seagulls will be going ALL IN on the promising Irishman and SACKING Roberto De Zerbi by the end of the week according to HIGH LEVEL SAUCES.

(source: The Daily Star's Showbiz section)

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Is RDZ doing a Trossard/Sanchez/Caicedo?

I’d like to know who is coming in for him and is prepared to pay the release clause though

Roberto's stock has fallen slightly because of our poor run. As alluded to on another thread, its all well and good taking the plaudits when things are going well but you're judged on when things aren't going well too. As of yet, Roberto hasn't done particularly well in lifting the team, motivating the team and having a plan b in matches to turn things round. Added to the fact he's spouted off about lack of help from above has made any of the big boys rethink I suspect!

Last edited:

Jul 2, 2011
Roberto's stock has fallen slightly because of our poor run. As alluded to on another thread, its all well and good taking the plaudits when things are going well but you're judged on when things move aren't going well too. As of yet, Roberto hasn't done particularly well in lifting the team, motivating the team and having a plan b in matches to turn things round. Added to the fact he's spouted off about lack of help from above has made any of the big boys rethink I suspect!
Well said.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
"Brighton will look to lure Kieran McKenna away from Ipswich if Roberto De Zerbi quits as manager this summer.

It is understood Brighton have been making contingency plans as they prepare for the possibility of needing a new manager. De Zerbi, whose side are in dismal form, has grown unsettled and has been linked with several big jobs in recent months.

De Zerbi has much to prove and has been overlooked for upcoming vacancies at Bayern Munich and Liverpool. He has been considered by Chelsea and Milan. Sources in Italy have said De Zerbi wants a new challenge but no offers are on the table."

Would seem like a sensible option...
What a crock of 💩 why would Kirean McKenna be remotely interested in leaving Ipswich to come to us, even if we were interested. If he does take Ipswich up, which looks very likely. We have nothing to offer that he can’t get at Ipswich and he would be in massive credit with their fans.

I watched the fans forum yesterday and unless both PBOBE and RDZ are great actors there didn’t seem to be any issues between the club and RDZ, I am not saying 100% he will be here next season, but there was nothing really to suggest he was about to sling his hook.

I would imagine the sources in Italy are about as reliable as the ones in the UK. Click bait.

The problem with all this noise is that if it is affecting how we feel, it may also be making the players uneasy as well.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
"Brighton will look to lure Kieran McKenna away from Ipswich if Roberto De Zerbi quits as manager this summer.

Sources in Italy have said De Zerbi wants a new challenge but no offers are on the table."

Would seem like a sensible option...
How about staying and devising a Plan B?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
How about staying and devising a Plan B?
The main issue with any potential plan B, is our squad consists of players with no pace and players with a bit of pace.
Those with a bit of pace are regularly injured.

The reason we get so many bargains, is that we don't target pace as a key attribute.
Most Plan Bs rely on pace or hitting the big man.

We just don't have the players for it.

Roberto has utilised a Plan B.

He has fallen back on potterball.
Because that is the only option for the players we have available.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
What a crock of 💩 why would Kirean McKenna be remotely interested in leaving Ipswich to come to us, even if we were interested. If he does take Ipswich up, which looks very likely. We have nothing to offer that he can’t get at Ipswich and he would be in massive credit with their fans.

I watched the fans forum yesterday and unless both PBOBE and RDZ are great actors there didn’t seem to be any issues between the club and RDZ, I am not saying 100% he will be here next season, but there was nothing really to suggest he was about to sling his hook.

I would imagine the sources in Italy are about as reliable as the ones in the UK. Click bait.

The problem with all this noise is that if it is affecting how we feel, it may also be making the players uneasy as well.
Yes, one might even be forgiven for thinking that there are some rival fans masquerading as Brighton fans who are steering some of the negativity. Some aren’t even masquerading, they are rival fans. Quite frankly, a few posters on this forum have been making so much unfounded ‘negative noise’, they might just as well be working for the opposition too. The power of the internet and social media hey?
RDZ doing a Trossard/Sanchez/Caicedo?
Uh? Caceido‘s head was turned by the bright lights and both Trossard and Sanchez were having strops because their starting places were being challenged by other squad members (Mitoma/Ferguson and Steele) so nothing like those situations. Really unnecessarily negative and disingenuous to keep spreading this nonsense after the fan forum the other night imo.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes, one might even be forgiven for thinking that there are some rival fans masquerading as Brighton fans who are steering some of the negativity too. Quite frankly, a few posters on this forum have been making some very unfounded ‘negative noise’ so they might just as well be working for the opposition too. The power of the internet and social media hey?
All the while RDZ does not commit to a new deal there will be speculation from the media. It’s not even remotely close to a conspiracy theory.
The one man that can shut all the speculation down isn’t choosing to do it.
The cryptic I need motivation need to talk to Tony etc really isn’t helping.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
With a tiny edit....I would concur

Edit apart from @Clive Walker apparently. Still waiting . . . .

View attachment 181660

1714624866832.png

1714624757595.png

"I always thought that was a good sauce."

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Yes, one might even be forgiven for thinking that there are some rival fans masquerading as Brighton fans who are steering some of the negativity. Some aren’t even masquerading, they are rival fans. Quite frankly, a few posters on this forum have been making so much unfounded ‘negative noise’, they might just as well be working for the opposition too. The power of the internet and social media hey?

Uh? Caceido‘s head was turned by the bright lights and both Trossard and Sanchez were having strops because their starting places were being challenged by other squad members (Mitoma/Ferguson and Steele) so nothing like those situations. Really unnecessarily negative and disingenuous to keep spreading this nonsense after the fan forum the other night imo.
As replied to @sparkie

Sorry, a bad and probably badly timed joke based on the thread title :down:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
All the while RDZ does not commit to a new deal there will be speculation from the media. It’s not even remotely close to a conspiracy theory.
Roberto doesn’t need to ‘commit to a new deal’, in order to stay next season, stop presenting it as he does. RDZ’s is committed under a contract until 2026 - that has been explained numerous times.

Speculation is one thing, there has been speculation about RDZ being swooped since halfway through last season. There is always speculation about top players too. However, this constant denigration of his character and repeating every clickbait sports rag comment is insane. Both Athletic, Sky Sports and Talksport in recent days have said there are signs Brighton will keep Roberto but the glass half full NSCers are refusing to hear it amongst the other noise.

We just don’t know, so why an over preponderance of negative thinking by a minority of Brighton fans? There was nothing cryptic about saying he would stay if things could be worked out with the squad and nothing cryptic in Barber saying Brighton want to give De Zerbi what he needs to maximise the squad’s chances of qualifying for Europe next season.

Maybe some should stay off the sauce for a bit eh?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don’t see it. To inexperienced and to ‘obvious’ to be a Bloom choice.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Roberto doesn’t need to ‘commit to a new deal’, in order to stay next season, stop presenting it as he does. RDZ’s is committed under a contract until 2026 - that has been explained numerous times.

Speculation is one thing, there has been speculation about RDZ being swooped since halfway through last season. There is always speculation about top players too. However, this constant denigration of his character and repeating every clickbait sports rag comment is insane. Both Athletic, Sky Sports and Talksport in recent days have said there are signs Brighton will keep Roberto but the glass half full NSCers are refusing to hear it amongst the other noise.

We just don’t know, so why an over preponderance of negative thinking by a minority of Brighton fans? There was nothing cryptic about saying he would stay if things could be worked out with the squad and nothing cryptic in Barber saying Brighton want to give De Zerbi what he needs to maximise the squad’s chances of qualifying for Europe next season.

Says the poster who thinks this board is full of infiltrators masquerading as BHA fans. I can’t imagine any non BHA fans care if our managers stays or goes.

People are entitled to an opinion football is all about opinions. You seem to take it all to personally. A cynic could argue why didn’t the club give him the tools last season when we had a European campaign to deal with and a huge injury pile up?

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022

Surely the new deal is off the table in the midst of a results slump. I feel that only comes into play if he can get things back on track / his stocks start rising again.

Who was it that reported the new deal in the pipeline in the first place? Because (I'd assume it was supposed to be a positive story) it has just caused unease and negativity when - as has been pointed out - he doesn't need to sign a new deal with two years left!

Edit: Checked and it was Alex Crook who reported we were confident of De Zerbi signing a new contract in December, so very much a line put out by the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here