Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Orient - Piss Pot Trophy

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Unfortunately talk of the licence fee is irrelevant.

The league allow the BBC to come in and cover the game on the basis that they don't broadcast it on the internet.

How do they enforce that ? Easy - the commentary doesn't belong to the BBC - it belongs to the league.

The deal is - ok we'll let you in to do it, but we hold the rights to it. We'll give it back to you and let you broadcast it locally though.

If the BBC said no, the club would simply get someone else in to do it.

So have you paid for it through the licence fee ? Not really - because it's not the BBC's to sell.

Thanks for explaining that:clap:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Find it hard to get excited about this competition - but happy to have won again - or did we draw?

You say that now, but I'd wager that you may be a little more enthusiastic if we reach the final. I actually like the format and a trip to Wemberleee would be lovely.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
You say that now, but I'd wager that you may be a little more enthusiastic if we reach the final. I actually like the format and a trip to Wemberleee would be lovely.

Of course - I reserve the inalianable right of an NSCer tobe a hypocrite!

But it seems that not a lot of people are that thrilled about it at this stage either - 2000 or so at Withdean?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Of course - I reserve the inalianable right of an NSCer tobe a hypocrite!

But it seems that not a lot of people are that thrilled about it at this stage either - 2000 or so at Withdean?

2100 the crowd today, we are amazing for 20 minutes, then poor for 70 minutes. LUCKY to win the shoot out, as Virgo's penalty was saved, made to be retaken as the keeper was off the line.

The one Kuipers saved was further off the line than the one saved from Virgo

Their 1st penatly was the worst penalty I have ever seen taken, I think he tried to lob the keeper. Savage hit his in the corner, but weekly, Virgos saved and retaken, and the rest were class

Why Elphick takes his penalties with both hands in the air is beyond me?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Enough interest for 15 pages already on this thread. Perhaps more people on here tonight than at the game. Hope Barry made it back from Scotland. Dagenham away in the next round please.
PG

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Major error by Kuipers in not coming off his line to claim the ball led to thier first goal in normal time.

But he redeemed himself in the shoot-out. :)

luckily he came off his line to save the penalty in the shootout.

Our penalty in the game was never a penalty, as it was outside the box.
Their penalty was a dubious penalty too, maybe the ref was evening things out, but Hawkins cost us a goal for yet another game*

A great player when fit, and still OBVIOUSLY unfit and shold be dropped for Virgo

* I forgive the ref because of that Play Off final in 2004

Unfortunately talk of the licence fee is irrelevant.

The league allow the BBC to come in and cover the game on the basis that they don't broadcast it on the internet.

How do they enforce that ? Easy - the commentary doesn't belong to the BBC - it belongs to the league.

The deal is - ok we'll let you in to do it, but we hold the rights to it. We'll give it back to you and let you broadcast it locally though.

If the BBC said no, the club would simply get someone else in to do it.

So have you paid for it through the licence fee ? Not really - because it's not the BBC's to sell.

So the BBC has spent some of my licence fee, but they're not allowed to let me listen in even though I live in the UK. Maybe I should write to the club explaining how they could make far more money by ditching local radio altogether, as Leeds have done. After all, I won't miss out and my club will benefit.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Oh, and in answer to Uncle C, the weather tonight was fine & dry and rather mild. Ideal for watching a very fine 20 mins of football and not too uncomfortable when sitting through a further 70 mins of dross.

hence, we were neither soaked or frozen when the penalty shoot-out came around.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So the BBC has spent some of my licence fee, but they're not allowed to let me listen in even though I live in the UK. Maybe I should write to the club explaining how they could make far more money by ditching local radio altogether, as Leeds have done. After all, I won't miss out and my club will benefit.

Doesn't work like that at all.

Leeds still use local radio, just not the BBC and the same restrictions apply.

You'll still miss out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here