Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Millwall

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Perfectly valid point, and proved by the way we played once super Glenn was on. So either make a worthwhile post or get back to the washing up love.

No it wasn't a valid point, you were moaning and calling it 'ridiculous' which is obviously a dig at Adams. You were moaning because you didn't like the fact Murray or Fleetwood weren't starting, even though they were both recovering.

Of course, we all want Murray to play he has been fantastic this season, but his appearance was because of injured Virgo. And then afterwards you say to praise Adams. So fickle.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Where has Anyinsah played for 90% of his loan spell? Upfront.

Therefore, when Forster is back it's Joe's place he'll take. Whether Anyinsah can oust Thornton/McLeod/Cox is a different matter, and totally unrelated to how good he's been UPFRONT, because from what I've seen of him on the wing he hasn't been that good.

He's a winger. He's been helping out upfront. Thornton is unlikely to stay, so Anyinsah's competition is Cox and McLeod. McLeod is left footed, so it's really Joe against Cox. The competition for places would not do any harm and he is much better option than Robinson.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's a winger. He's been helping out upfront. Thornton is unlikely to stay, so Anyinsah's competition is Cox and McLeod. McLeod is left footed, so it's really Joe against Cox. The competition for places would not do any harm and he is much better option than Robinson.

Says who?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Do you know something I don't? I got a PM from a mate today saying he was unsure if he even wanted to extend his loan spell because he was not getting games.

Sadly not, but I will be GUTTED if that's the case.

He is the most exciting player I've seen in an Albion shirt. A lower-league Ryan Giggs if you like. Pace, skill and UNBELIEVABLE balance. He is the sort of player I PAY to watch.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Today, the decision to start Virgo was wrong

Don't think Micky can be held to account for that.

Glenn wasn't even going to be in the squad, he asked Micky if he could sit on the bench just in case he was needed. Micky said that he had written the game off for Glenn (due to just one training session, yesterday)and was saving him for Derby.

That info was from Mickys post match audio with Hawsey.

Obviously it was good decision making from Micky to agree to Glenns request!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that this is not the end of Kevin Thornton as he has been a revelation to our midfield.

I cannot understand the critisicm that Virgo is getting as I thought that he played well today winning virtually every ball in the air. Whether he would have scored nobody knows but nobody can deny that when Murray came on he was superb.

My major concern is what we will do in January when most of the loans have returned as there is no indication that any other than Richards obviously and Ayinsah will consider coming here permenantly. Also a bigger worry is will we be able to keep Murray in January.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well he won't be up for sale, that's for sure.

I think it would take a near £1m offer to prise him away on financial grounds.

Nah, he won't be going anywhere. :)

I agree but we do have to at least try to balance the books and will DK think that with £1m we could find another Murray plus pay for some of the other loans or other similar players. Only 1 person knows the answer to that.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
What a game today - great performance, though we were helped by the penalty decision which I'm not 100% sure about!

Firstly, what a nightmare getting there! Decided to come at about 1, left London, pissed around on trains to arrive in Preston Park at about 3:05, legged it to ticket collection point, got told to go round to North Stand entrance, legged it back and into seat, sat down and realised that it was absolutely pissing it down! Still, I know not to leave it that late again!

I think Virgo is unfairly treated on here, he wins a lot in the air and I think with a certain striker he would be very good. Murray was obviously class when he came on though. Johnson was superb again, hope his injury is not too serious. Still not convinced about Anyinsah, don't like him much up front so I'm looking forward to getting Forster back.

Millwall actually looked quite dangerous going forward, and the period at the start of the second half when they equalised looked like curtains for Brighton.

Finally, to avoid having to sit down in the cold and rain we moved over to the singing stand for the first time ever! It's pretty mental in there, and when I say mental I mean there is a lot of idiots!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Finally, to avoid having to sit down in the cold and rain we moved over to the singing stand for the first time ever! It's pretty mental in there, and when I say mental I mean there is a lot of idiots!

but do they actually sing?

EVER???

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think that, of all our current loanees, Thornton is the one that sparks the team. he has tremendous skill & balence, always demanding the ball and not afraid to take people on and his example & workrate inspires others.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I think that, of all our current loanees, Thornton is the one that sparks the team. he has tremendous skill & balence, always demanding the ball and not afraid to take people on and his example & workrate inspires others.

Agree, but how good has Johnson been??

Thornton definitely seems to instil confidence in others by his own confidence on the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here