Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton vs littlehampton

bhafc123

Feb 24, 2009
Is it Brighton littlehampton tonight? Can’t see it anywhere but sure I saw a article somewhere about it being a lancing fc but littlehampton haven’t said anything about it?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Really looking forward to this, hoping for a good crowd to raise plenty of money for Chestnut Tree House, although I might have to root for my hometown underdogs, sorry! Will be interesting to see what sort of Albion U-21 line up it is, should be too strong for LA whoever they field, though. Golds will probably be looking to this game and Saturday's FA Cup game with Broadbridge Heath to settle on their starting line up for their looming (first ever) Isthmian League campaign. They've made a few new signings, but the squad hasn't changed much from last season - although Tom Biggs has retired, which is a big loss. Not sure whether Joe Benn will be playing tonight - he missed the early pre-season friendlies through injury and I've been on holiday, so no idea whether he's recovered.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With what will be a massive season looming for Littlehampton, FA Cup game just days away too, l'd be very surprised if they treated tonight's game very seriously on the pitch.

A great fund raiser for an excellent charity though, put your money in your pockets for Chestnut Tree House.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Anyone know the Albion team sheet?

79627B4F-A4D1-43F4-9B7C-86A109658664.jpeg

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Was a really enjoyable match, very competitve between a youthful Albion XI and an almost full strength Littlehampton side. Golds took the lead with a thumping header from new signing Marshall Ball and were the better side in the first half, but Albion's superior fitness saw them take control in the second period. Looked like game over when Lorent Tolaj added to Billie Clark's equaliser with only a few minutes left on the clock, but LA equalised when Dion Jarvis put in one of those horrible-to-defend free kicks, that went all the way across the six yard box and in off the far post. Albion were faultless from the spot, but LA had one saved and were finally beaten when George Gaskin skied his penalty.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I forgot about Tolaj. Surely he needs a loan?
Anyone who went know who the trailist was?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In view of recent events with the encumbent left back, you're right to ask that question!

No. 3 (left back), 'trialist', no name provided?
Colwell, Cornwill, Colwill - something like that? Was he any good (and more to the point, was he worth counterbalancing the Cucurella sale by £10 or £15M quid?) :wink:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I forgot about Tolaj. Surely he needs a loan?

You’d definitely think so, wouldn’t you? He went on loan to Cambridge Utd toward the back end of last season but for whatever reason he’s now back with us. Similarly, Cambridge didn’t renew their loan of Jensen Weir (or we moved him?) and he is now loaned to Morecambe which, although still League 1 feels like a step down. Perhaps it gives him a better chance of first team minutes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You’d definitely think so, wouldn’t you? He went on loan to Cambridge Utd toward the back end of last season but for whatever reason he’s now back with us. Similarly, Cambridge didn’t renew their loan of Jensen Weir (or we moved him?) and he is now loaned to Morecambe which, although still League 1 feels like a step down. Perhaps it gives him a better chance of first team minutes.
Hardly got a look in at Cambridge - waste of a half season loan. Whatever the reason, I expect we'll be looking for somewhere better for him.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hardly got a look in at Cambridge - waste of a half season loan. Whatever the reason, I expect we'll be looking for somewhere better for him.

Tolaj or Weir? Either way, same applies to both. Weir made the matchday squad virtually every week but rarely got on the pitch. He played EFL and Pappa Johns cup games then did his knee and was out for ages. I saw Tolaj play a couple of times but he never got a good enough string of games to strike up a partnership or understanding. Plus League One centre backs are generally 6 foot 5 and utterly brutal so it must take a bit of time to get up to speed with being constantly kicked to bits.

I don’t blame Bonner for using a small pool of trusted matchday players as he has a system and last season was about staying up after promotion. But yes, there must be better loans out there for them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tolaj or Weir? Either way, same applies to both. Weir made the matchday squad virtually every week but rarely got on the pitch. He played EFL and Pappa Johns cup games then did his knee and was out for ages. I saw Tolaj play a couple of times but he never got a good enough string of games to strike up a partnership or understanding. Plus League One centre backs are generally 6 foot 5 and utterly brutal so it must take a bit of time to get up to speed with being constantly kicked to bits.

I don’t blame Bonner for using a small pool of trusted matchday players as he has a system and last season was about staying up after promotion. But yes, there must be better loans out there for them.
Weir was getting there, according to Cambridge United fans, until his injury pretty much ended his season. Morecambe fans wondering who the hell they have signed have turned up quite a lot of positives from Cambridge fans' comments. The injury was the bugger.
Tolaj - never got a look in. I undrstand they loaned him to fill in for a player who was long term injured - but turned out to recover far quicker than anybody expected. Whatever, they didn't do anything to try and fit him in for some game time.
No problem with Bonner's small squad of trusted players policy - but it's not compatible with getting any more young talent on loan from us. 100% that'll be a lesson the loan management team have learned.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Was a really enjoyable match, very competitve between a youthful Albion XI and an almost full strength Littlehampton side. Golds took the lead with a thumping header from new signing Marshall Ball and were the better side in the first half, but Albion's superior fitness saw them take control in the second period. Looked like game over when Lorent Tolaj added to Billie Clark's equaliser with only a few minutes left on the clock, but LA equalised when Dion Jarvis put in one of those horrible-to-defend free kicks, that went all the way across the six yard box and in off the far post. Albion were faultless from the spot, but LA had one saved and were finally beaten when George Gaskin skied his penalty.

Any idea who the trialist was?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here