Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Palace Stamford Bridge

It was the FA Cup, round 1 I think, the following season (If I remember correctly) we played Oldham at Filbert St in the league cup

It was fa cup round 1,we had drawn at home2-2 then at selhurst 1-1 both crowds just over 29,000 mark,THEN 14,000 AT THE BATTLE OF STAMFORD BRIDGE.
The same year we had a great league cup run beating southend,ipswich,wba and after a draw getting beat by derby county and still managed promotion in 2nd place.
# best season ever! 76/77:moo:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It was fa cup round 1,we had drawn at home2-2 then at selhurst 1-1 both crowds just over 29,000 mark,THEN 14,000 AT THE BATTLE OF STAMFORD BRIDGE.
The same year we had a great league cup run beating southend,ipswich,wba and after a draw getting beat by derby county and still managed promotion in 2nd place.
# best season ever! 76/77:moo:

Thought it was 54,000....Challis the referee. (Always recall the phrase "Challis from the Palace"...due to some controversial decisions).

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Yes it was.....still have the programme.....0-4 thumping I'm afraid.

Yes remember that one well, with my dad and his mates from work and were attacked by Chelsea fans just before the end of the game. I was only young but remember my dad who boxed for the army stood his ground and secretly quite enjoyed it. I must pop in and ask him about that tomorrow he's 84 now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here