Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v Newcastle line-up, Dec 1983

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
That was one of my favourite Albion teams, in the old days. I think we were 5-0 up at half time v Charlton not long before that game. Won 7-0 in the end, quite early in Cattlins time as manager.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
That was one of my favourite Albion teams, in the old days. I think we were 5-0 up at half time v Charlton not long before that game. Won 7-0 in the end, quite early in Cattlins time as manager.
One of Melia’s last games . He was sacked a fortnight later

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
One of Melia’s last games . He was sacked a fortnight later
Blimey I didn't realise Melia was still in charge for that game. I got married the day we were stuffed by Grimsby, and I remember coming back from honeymoon and it was in the papers about Melia being in the stands protesting about his sacking. I thought the Charlton game was after that.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'll always remember that fixture, but not for footballing reasons. It was my first season going as a season-ticket holder (having had one purchased for me by my parents as a gift in order to get a Cup Final ticket).
That was the day of the Harrods bombing by the IRA. Obviously it was pre-internet and smartphones; I think the Albion must have reported the news over the tannoy either prior to kick-off or at half-time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here