Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v Newcastle line-up, Dec 1983

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Kevin Keegan, Terry McDermott, Chris Waddle and Peter Beardsley all in the Newcastle team. They were 3rd in Division 2.

Jimmy Case, Joe Corrigan and Steve Foster for us as well. You could make a decent England team out of those players!

lineup.PNG

EDIT: should of course say Brighton v Newcastle, but don't know how to change thread title - could one of the mods do it? Ta

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Kevin Keegan, Terry McDermott, Chris Waddle and Peter Beardsley all in the Newcastle team. They were 3rd in Division 2.

Jimmy Case, Joe Corrigan and Steve Foster for us as well. You could make a decent England team out of those players!

View attachment 160619

EDIT: should of course say Brighton v Newcastle, but don't know how to change thread title - could one of the mods do it? Ta
It was fascinating to hear Gordon Smith interview posted on here a couple of days ago. I’d forgotten that he had actually scored! He also said that after playing Liverpool he said to Alan Hansen that Souness had been quiet. Apparently Hansen said it was because of Jimmy Case! He wasn’t going to play up when he was in the side. Huge respect for Case but also showing a lack of bottle by a legendary hard man.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Peter Haddock was a regular starter for Newcastle in those days, he always had a plaice in the first 11.

Jul 7, 2003
Five other international players in our team there. Wilson and Penny for Northern Ireland, O,Regan, Grealish and Ryan for the Republic.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If that is the game that I remember, Waddle scored a fabulous goal with a mazy run cutting in from the right, beating half our team and dinking it over Corrigan.
From checking Waddle did score the winner. It was 1-0 to the Toon.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
duplicate post

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No Andy Sole?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or Jacke M-eel-burn?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Paul Basscoine

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
The Toon number five, Wesley Saunders, did he have a trial for us later in the season? I seem to remember we tried to sign him after we sold Fozzie.

Met him once when I lived on Tyneside

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Toon number five, Wesley Flounders, did he have a trial for us later in the season? I seem to remember we tried to sign him after we sold Fozzie.

Met him once when I lived on Tyneside
Corrected for you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here