Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v Brentford date - Guessing game

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I've a Brentford supporting friend who's coming to the match. He's trying to second guess whether or not the game will be moved for TV. The Premier League website suggests April matches will be announced on 21st February, which is a problem for my friend, as his shift requests are pretty much going in now. I don't really know what to tell him for the best. There's no way it will be moved to the Sunday, as that's marathon day (look out for me in the hyper turquoise). Other than that, it's very tough to say. My friend is thinking it could be moved to the Friday night and there is a case to suggest the police might be happy to have fewer people rolling around the city on Saturday, as the runners will be coming down to collect their race packs. However, we seem to have been the team for Saturday 3 p.m. kick offs this season (good!).

So just wondering what the general consensus is as to the likely date for this match? I know it's all a guessing game and it's the lot of a supporter these days to deal with juggling of shifts. Thought I might at least be able to give him the majority view. All views welcome. Even the abusive ones. Makes life spicy.
:lol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
My eldest is mascot for this game. Really hoping it doesn't get moved. It's quite an interesting fixture though with the two teams having similar seasons and similar models. Has to be a good chance of it being moved, unfortunately.

How many usually get moved in a weekend? It is Newcastle v Man United and Man City v Liverpool that weekend, so they will both be on TV. Then maybe Arsenal v Leeds and possibly Chelsea v Villa. Everton v Spurs is the only other moderately interesting fixture.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Deleted - you already knew about the marathon of course!

Race packs are being posted out though.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've a Brentford supporting friend who's coming to the match. He's trying to second guess whether or not the game will be moved for TV. The Premier League website suggests April matches will be announced on 21st February, which is a problem for my friend, as his shift requests are pretty much going in now. I don't really know what to tell him for the best. There's no way it will be moved to the Sunday, as that's marathon day (look out for me in the hyper turquoise). Other than that, it's very tough to say. My friend is thinking it could be moved to the Friday night and there is a case to suggest the police might be happy to have fewer people rolling around the city on Saturday, as the runners will be coming down to collect their race packs. However, we seem to have been the team for Saturday 3 p.m. kick offs this season (good!).

So just wondering what the general consensus is as to the likely date for this match? I know it's all a guessing game and it's the lot of a supporter these days to deal with juggling of shifts. Thought I might at least be able to give him the majority view. All views welcome. Even the abusive ones. Makes life spicy.
:lol:

Tell him to book the Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday off.
It'll be one of them.

......Probably

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Deleted - you already knew about the marathon of course!

Race packs are being posted out though.
Ooh! Thanks for that. I'd assumed that was just for members but I've looked at the website and you're right. Lovely. More time for chilling in town and carb loading.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They've already got Brentford v Fulham on TV Monday 06 March. They don't make the same team play too many times on the Monday do they? - so might rule the Monday out.

They've then got our home game v ManUtd is live on Sunday March 19 - would they pick us again so soon after?

Given the other games on the weekend of Brighton v Brentford, be surprised if this game was picked for TV tbh.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My eldest is mascot for this game. Really hoping it doesn't get moved. It's quite an interesting fixture though with the two teams having similar seasons and similar models. Has to be a good chance of it being moved, unfortunately.

How many usually get moved in a weekend? It is Newcastle v Man United and Man City v Liverpool that weekend, so they will both be on TV. Then maybe Arsenal v Leeds and possibly Chelsea v Villa. Everton v Spurs is the only other moderately interesting fixture.
They might throw in a relegation battle like Southampton v West Ham I suppose, with the whole Saints manager narrative too.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I may be wrong (I normally am) but I don't think they normally have Friday night games after an international break. My money would be Saturday one way or the other.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Boxing Day 8.00pm kick off is probably your best bet - oh, wait a minute . . . .

I propose a new holiday called "Your Club's Moved By Telly Match Holiday" where you get a holiday when your favourite football club gets their matched moved by the EPL or other governoring body due to telly rights as exercised by a telly contract. You get as many "Your Club's Moved By Telly Match Holidays" as necessary. Prince Harry can announce the new holidays.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Little Old Brighton v Little Old Brentford ?

That seems like a non-TV game to me and so will be at 3pm on Saturday ?
Two of the most exciting teams in the division on current form. A fabulous game for the neutral. It'll 100% be televised imo

Both teams are media darlings at the moment too

Lee Mason on VAR for some spice and extra entertainment :wink:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
First game since 2019 that I'm able to go to and I thought the April fixtures had already been decided. Bloody Nora, just my luck it'll be changed to Friday night. 😡😡

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Think it will stay as Saturday 3pm, given that our two games after Brentford are almost certs for TV coverage, Spurs and Chelsea away, and wouldn't expect us to be on 3 weeks running.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One thing for certain is that it will not be announced on 21st February.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think it will stay as Saturday 3pm, given that our two games after Brentford are almost certs for TV coverage, Spurs and Chelsea away, and wouldn't expect us to be on 3 weeks running.
Brighton Brentford seems like a good choice for the neutral though. Both teams are flying high, playing good football and scoring goals.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Brighton Brentford seems like a good choice for the neutral though. Both teams are flying high, playing good football and scoring goals.
Well you'd think so but "the neutral" doesn't necessarily bring in viewers and advertising revenue. That's what yer Arsenals and Chelseas are for*

*apparently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here