Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v Blackpool FA Cup 4th Round line up.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I think two things count against this.

A six pointer against Fulham on the Wednesday after and that we likely have a game against Leicester if we make the 5th round means that getting to the quarter finals will be very tough
Fulham also have a game on Saturday and surely on our day Leicester is winnable, that's the beauty of the FA Cup.

We can't just wrap the players up in cotton wool between games, no substitute for playing. Surely that's what they would rather do it is there job at the end of the day and every player dreams of a FA Cup Final.

Let's get a winning run going in league and cup.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A few playewrs need a rest, so 45-60 minutes tops, a few back from injury/ilness need game toime, we don't want to throw it, nor another 3 hour workout, so you'd expect a mix of both senior and lesser/younger players

Steele in Goal for sure, he's earned it the hard way!

sunject to transfers I'd expect to see AJ & Bernard-O

ALzate & Zeqiri need a run out. Bissouma at least half the game, Gross and Propper too.

Dunk, White and Webster could do with a rest. but we need one of them on at least!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Fulham also have a game on Saturday and surely on our day Leicester is winnable, that's the beauty of the FA Cup.

We can't just wrap the players up in cotton wool between games, no substitute for playing. Surely that's what they would rather do it is there job at the end of the day and every player dreams of a FA Cup Final.

Let's get a winning run going in league and cup.

I like what you're saying. We also need to get this home win thing off our back.

I'm also thinking though, that this has the potential to go 120 mins like Newport and a couple of key injuries before the Fulham game would be a disaster.

Maybe more of a balanced approach is needed

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The two Polish lads have been playing first team football and have been recalled to play (one would think).

Zeqiri is a first team (squad) forward player who might be needed so minutes for him are a must. Steele plays.

We need to go deep into the FA Cup and should play a strong line up.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I am suspecting a half-way decent side.

Potter knows that confidence is still the main issue and is likely to want to build on the incremental improvement on this from Wolves - Leeds.
Getting a win at the Amex would be another Psychological factor we could do with getting rid of, with Crucial home games coming up.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
U23 Right back

CAme on against Villa in the League Cup.
Did ok.

Apparently he's a prospect.

Playing next to Veltman would be good experience for him

Notably, we picked him up from PSG didn't we.

Not saying that makes him brilliant necessarily, but he will have certainly played with decent players

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
.....................Walton
Yapi - Veltman - Burn - Karbownik
......Saunders - Moder - Alzate
......Ali J.........Zeqiri ... Tau

Subs some of the fresher 1st team squad. We want to win the game if we can.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Some interesting faces in training today!

Khadra
The two Polish lads
And I think Jenks?
And Tau to keep our SA friends happy.

Should be fun tomorrow.

[tweet]1352623616488255489[/tweet]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I doubt it, but I'd like to see both Polish lads get some game time. Plus Tau, obvs

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Steele

Yapi, Veltman, Burn, Polish LB

Khadra, Alzate, Moder, Ali J

Tau, Zequri

Strong subs bench.

Khadra, Moder

You might struggle with that Junior... I believe Steele & Karbownik are out (injured/sick?) and if you have Khadra and Moder in the first XI, they can't be on the bench too.

Early start to Fridat?! :)

EDIT: Ali J described as 'weeks away' from fitness earlier this week too

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
With all of the players apparently out, we might see either a stronger side than expected, or a shedload of the u23s.

Walton
Yapi - Veltman - Dunk* - Burn
Khadra - Alzate - Sanders - Trossard
Tau - Zeqiri​

*Or Webster or White - whoever feels freshest

Bench:
Rushworth, Jenks, Tross, Gross, Propper, Gwargis, Ella

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
With all of the players apparently out, we might see either a stronger side than expected, or a shedload of the u23s.

Walton
Yapi - Veltman - Dunk* - Burn
Khadra - Alzate - Sanders - Trossard
Tau - Zeqiri​

*Or Webster or White - whoever feels freshest

Bench:
Rushworth, Jenks, Tross, Gross, Propper, Gwargis, Ella

Naylor has said that Moder will be in the squad. We should get a good idea of which u23s will be involved as they are playing tonight vs Arsenal (those not involved will probably in the squad for tomorrow. Plus, Tross in the team and on the bench? :lolol:

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Naylor has said that Moder will be in the squad. We should get a good idea of which u23s will be involved as they are playing tonight vs Arsenal (those not involved will probably in the squad for tomorrow. Plus, Tross in the team and on the bench? :lolol:

Yes, that should be Moder on the bench :)

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
EsVGzhcXUAAZC9j.jpeg

Looks like a strong squad tomorrow then. Khadra, Yapi and Tsongui the ones missing (Yapi and Tsongui could easily be injured for all I know)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here