somewhere in Eastbourne
GOSBTS

shit its gone again

its like a fitfull nightmare

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Aberdeen are going to need to find a goal from somewhere. Time for McGhee to take a striker off for a defender...

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
YAY!
Commentator is back on BBC Sussex listen live link.
Bladder emptied and ready to go!

You can either listen to that or stay with Seagulls Player and cheesy music. Your choice.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
welcome back to Withers

listen mate we've never been there today

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The results of pre-season friendlies don't count unless you win.

I was going to go this afternoon, until somebody pinched my bike and I got pissed orf and did not feel like it.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Crofts scored for Norwich.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Brighton & Hove Albion 1 Aberdeen 0 3.00pm kick off

Bennett 38

Half time report by Steven McMenemy

Paul Hartley made his debut for the Dons in this match, lining up beside Joann Folly and Derek Young in a 3 man midfield.

The line up showed the strength of the Aberdeen squad going into the new season with young stars Fyvie, Paton and Pawlett all on the bench. The return of Pawlett on the teamsheet a massive boost with the season opener two weeks away.

The match started in a low key fashion with neither side getting the upper hand in the opening stages. Brighton though slowly started to dominate possession and could have opened the scoring after 14minutes.

Rory McArdle upended Bennett who got up and took the free kick almost on the corner spot. He whipped in a great ball and former Kilmarnock defender Gordon Greer headed the ball over the bar, when he really should have tested Dons keeper Mark Howard.

They continued to force Aberdeen back and Howard was relieved to see a Bennett Cross go just over his bar. But the Dons did wake up from their slumber and Derek Young won a free kick right on the edge of the box.

Skipper Paul Hartley stepped up to take the set piece and curled a right foot effort just over the bar. And Hartley almost turned provider two minutes later as he played a great cross into the box from midway insidethe Brighton half. Rory McArdle got on the end of it and glanced a header goal wards, but it went just past the post.

Brighton hit back though and again another free header for a centre-half, this time Tommy Elphick who had a good chance to score after another Bennet cross, but Howard saved his effort.

And Kishishev saw a shot go just past the post with eight minutes of the half left after he picked up a clearance at the edge of the Aberdeen box.

But Brighton weren't to be denied and took the lead sixty seconds later. Bennett picked up the ball at the edge of the box and rifled a shot towards goal, Howard got a touch but couldn't keep it out and the League One side were deservedly one up..

In truth a lacklustre performance from the Dons in the first half and Brighton worthy of their lead.

Latest news from the Withdean Stadium | Club News | Club News | News and Features | Aberdeen

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The results of pre-season friendlies don't count unless you win.

I was going to go this afternoon, until somebody pinched my bike and I got pissed orf and did not feel like it.

it was Bob

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here