Kitbag in Dubai
It's really not very good, is it?

The last time Grolsch was popular...

post-12286-0-61092200-1370555273.jpg
bros+1.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Replace doing this in Brighton with somewhere like Falaraki or Blackpool and it would...still be an awful pile of old wannk.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Are Marketing agencies the new Estate Agents on here!? In which case I'm in the Marketeers corner should we need a rep!

This is about brand association and recognition. Why would American Express sponsor the stadium otherwise!? Indeed, what is the point of any product advertising if you follow your logic!?

I get the why, I just don't understand the measures of success. How do you know if it has helped?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe I'm feeling over generous towards corporate businesses having just listened to American Express on Roar.

Surely this is better than nothing.
I know it's crap, meaningless, shit etc, it'll have absolutely no impact on my life, and it does seem pretty low rent.

But the council will get a few quid, the area in question will look different, it's not permanent, where's the harm?

A Grolsch promotion and assorted publicity has to be better than this:-

Why has Peroni beer snubbed Skegness?
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2013/apr/22/peroni-beer-snubbed-skegness

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
It does seem an odd time to be pulling it out of the bag though. All the green lighting will have to fight for position among the Christmas lights everywhere.

Also, isn't this time of year very quiet for going out out? December is party season proper so this last week of November is surely the calm before the storm when everyone stays in to save themselves for the excesses of Christmas time.

Just seems odd timing

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Right
I've had a 5 year dispute with a mate that Grolsch used to be, a LONG time ago, 6% rather than today's 5%...anyone got a Scooby?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I get the why, I just don't understand the measures of success. How do you know if it has helped?

The basic measure will be sales figures from pre, during and post campaign to monitor impact so it's pretty straight forward, especially given that this a local promotion. There are intangible branding benefits as referred to earlier. They will have chosen Brighton as an aspirational location (within budget), rather than Skegness. This in reality will not have cost them much to do in comparison with a traditional print or TV campaign, ultimately it's some green lighting, a few low value give aways and well placed press releases by the looks of it. Would imagine the location costs are minimal as council and pubs would be keen for 'extra' business. Probably about £100k all in.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Bunch of ways they can measure. But at a base level they'd look at the level of lead gen for future promos & AVE in terms of the exposure. Booze brands are generally very much about the 'place' so they love this shit.

To be honest it's a really bog-standard promo just dressed up like something different.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I like the way the green lighting is meant to represent the "individual style". It's as if no other beers come in green bottles.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And here everyone is talking about it - sounds like it has worked to me !

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
A Grolsch promotion and assorted publicity has to be better than this:-

Why has Peroni beer snubbed Skegness?
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2013/apr/22/peroni-beer-snubbed-skegness

Grolsch is owned by SAB Miller, one of the world's largest drinks corporations. They know exactly what they are doing when it comes to marketing.

On the other hand, Peroni is owned by, er, SAB Miller, one of the world's largest drinks corporations. They know exactly what they are doing when it comes to marketing.

There is no such thing as bad publicity in big business (except perhaps Ratners). Ask Michael O'Leary how his ticket sales rocketed after he tossed rumours about paying for in-flight toilets into the mass media.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Better Grolsch than say Fosters, or Carling or something eh? Of the pissy Euro lagers , Grolsch and Becks are the best imo and so this is a breath of fresh air to dull bit of Brighton next week.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
You're missing out the fairly widely-available Urquell, Krusovice, Affligem, Veltins and the like - each of which is better than the lagers you mention.

Urquell is also an SAB Miller brand, same as Grolsch and Peroni.

Affligem is Heineken-owned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here