Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton through the looking glass - A fantay tale!

D

Deleted User X18H

Is it the Caveman Crew as in celery? Do I win a prize?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The club manages to get an average gate of just around 6000, where it cannot even fill a non league standard ground, of 8000... 6000, in a 25,000 stadium is cringeworthy
If we had a proper stadium, and could only get 6000 people to sit in it, it would be cringeworthy. But we don't, so what are you talking about? Withdean is awful, I hate it. It's no surprise we don't get many fans turning up in the rain when there's no roof, and consequently no atmosphere.

bighton are where they belong, due to results, bottom of division 1, bha are not a championship side, as relegation is always the natural result. There is nothing to sudgest that Poyet will change anything.
I agree that Brighton are where they belong, given the team we've had for the last decade. But there's good reason to suggest it will change, given that we're now spending money on players, rather than selling them.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Some of you on here need a reality check.

I am not a Palace fan, I follow bha, just have different opinions, but we live in a democracy, oh, and reality.

Half of the fans on here, seem to think promotion is a god given right, poyet is the magic fairy with a magic wand, and falmer will be the new dawning. The club manages to get an average gate of just around 6000, where it cannot even fill a non league standard ground, of 8000. It's Darlington all over again, and brighton are one place away from their league. 6000, in a 25,000 stadium is cringeworthy

bighton are where they belong, due to results, bottom of division 1, bha are not a championship side, as relegation is always the natural result. There is nothing to sudgest that Poyet will change anything.

The attitude of fans is astonishing today. A three nil loss at home is unacceptable against any club, yet it sounds as if bha were waiting for Leeds to arrive today, and be proud to be beaten by them, as if it is a real achievement. The players were shite today, the atmosphere/fans were shite, tactics were shite, nothing has changed. What did appear today is a slight glimse that of Poyet and popmans lack of experience in management.

No fishing rod here just a FACTUAL opinion. :clap:

Rodfox
Have you recently been attending the Roy Keane School of Charm?

I think many of your points are valid. But dont agree with the comment about Poyet, as the bloke needs to be given a chance.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
No, you are right, there is nothing to suggest he will change anything.
But think about this, our performance of the last half of the 2008/09 season was poor. We only just scraped staying up. The beginning of this season has also been poor, which was evidently something to do with the players not working well with Russell Slade for some obscure reason as he seems like a real gentleman.

Now we have Poyet, he has been in charge one week, and we have won 2 games out of 3. One against Southampton, who were playing in the Premiership a few years back, in very good style, and the other against Wycombe. 2 games, a good enough statistic I'd say in one week.

Now if you consider today. I have heard we were shit, and I'm not defending if we were. But think about it, Leeds are top of the table with 19 more points then us going into the game, they are in a league that really they shouldn't even be anywhere near, and our number one goalie was off with a groin injury. If you consider that earlier this season we were thrashed 7 f***ing 1 by Huddersfield who are in play off spots, I think a 3-0 loss is a bloody good one against Leeds.

All managers need time, and yes we are being unrealistic. But I think we have a right to be considering the initial impact he has actually had on our performance. Let's just hope we bounce back from this loss and do well in the next match.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am not a Palace fan
No one else seems to say this before criticising brighton. Methinks perhaps a guilty conscience?

Half of the fans on here, seem to think promotion is a god given right, poyet is the magic fairy with a magic wand, and falmer will be the new dawning.
I mst have missed that poll

It's Darlington all over again, and brighton are one place away from their league.

One place. Three points. 5 goals. 5 months. 29 games. You make it sound like if we drop into the relegation zone games over, regardless of the fact there's two thirds of the season to play.

6000, in a 25,000 stadium is cringeworthy
Depending on the circumstances. We'd sell out withdean if ticket prices were low enough. We sell out when the competition is big enough. We sell out when pushing for promotion. We have hovered around 12/13th place in attendance tables despite poor run of form, expensive tickets, rickety scaffolding stadiums. People are put off by withdean. Come falmer, we'll hav people who aren't put off by withdean (i.e. the 6000 that currently go) plus those that are, people who want a roof, people who wan a stand that desn't shake when people cheer, or stairs that don't lower when you step on them, they want a toilet that isn't a portacabin, they want a burger bar that isn't pulled along behind someone's car. They will increase our attendance early at falmer. It's up to the team and the ticket prices how long they keep coming.

Even then, 6000 v altrincham in the jpt first round isn't to be sniffed at.

bighton are where they belong, due to results, bottom of division 1, bha are not a championship side, as relegation is always the natural result.

Always the natural result? Was it the natural result last year? The year before that? The year before that?

Besides, that comment doesn't even make sense. Natural result of what? poor form? More than four teams have poor form each year, yet only four go down. Natural result of not being a championship side, there's only 24 championship sides, is everyone else going to be relegated? What about the teams in the premiership? They're not a championship side, so I guess the natural result is for them to be relegated...

The attitude of fans is astonishing today. A three nil loss at home is unacceptable against any club,

No one? So 3-0 against a strong real madrid, barcelona, man utd, or chelsea side is unacceptable?

Rodfox

Jan 6, 2008
No one else seems to say this before criticising brighton. Methinks perhaps a guilty conscience?

I mst have missed that poll

One place. Three points. 5 goals. 5 months. 29 games. You make it sound like if we drop into the relegation zone games over, regardless of the fact there's two thirds of the season to play.

Depending on the circumstances. We'd sell out withdean if ticket prices were low enough. We sell out when the competition is big enough. We sell out when pushing for promotion. We have hovered around 12/13th place in attendance tables despite poor run of form, expensive tickets, rickety scaffolding stadiums. People are put off by withdean. Come falmer, we'll hav people who aren't put off by withdean (i.e. the 6000 that currently go) plus those that are, people who want a roof, people who wan a stand that desn't shake when people cheer, or stairs that don't lower when you step on them, they want a toilet that isn't a portacabin, they want a burger bar that isn't pulled along behind someone's car. They will increase our attendance early at falmer. It's up to the team and the ticket prices how long they keep coming.

Even then, 6000 v altrincham in the jpt first round isn't to be sniffed at.

Always the natural result? Was it the natural result last year? The year before that? The year before that?

Besides, that comment doesn't even make sense. Natural result of what? poor form? More than four teams have poor form each year, yet only four go down. Natural result of not being a championship side, there's only 24 championship sides, is everyone else going to be relegated? What about the teams in the premiership? They're not a championship side, so I guess the natural result is for them to be relegated...

No one? So 3-0 against a strong real madrid, barcelona, man utd, or chelsea side is unacceptable?

You should try reading the posts more carefully as I was accused of being a Palace fan yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here