Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton teen tackles fleeing 'thug' *video inside*

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Never sure it's a good idea broadcasting the name of the hero in these sort of things. When the guy gets out t'nick or if one of his mates sees the name on the news it wouldn't be too difficult for them to track him down were they that way inclined.

Stopping it is close to impossible. Many years ago I assisted police in catching a mugger and the court awarded me a £250 - to my horror the Argus printed my name and the road in which I lived because the details were in the court records.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think the OB call for commensurate back up in any dodgy situation? Even three six foot male officers would have trouble with a six foot eight twenty five stone Latvian high on crack for example ??? Discretion is the better part of valour I should imagine, oh, and Tazers Rule OK no doubt :)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Never sure it's a good idea broadcasting the name of the hero in these sort of things. When the guy gets out t'nick or if one of his mates sees the name on the news it wouldn't be too difficult for them to track him down were they that way inclined.

Stopping it is close to impossible. Many years ago I assisted police in catching a mugger and the court awarded me a £250 - to my horror the Argus printed my name and the road in which I lived because the details were in the court records.

It was on Crimewatch last night, and they mentioned his name there.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think the OB call for commensurate back up in any dodgy situation? Even three six foot male officers would have trouble with a six foot eight twenty five stone Latvian high on crack for example ??? Discretion is the better part of valour I should imagine, oh, and Tazers Rule OK no doubt :)

Just use Kung Fu skills; you can be any size and bring down an opponent with Kung Fu. Simples :shrug:

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
In all seriousness, and NOT being sexist, is there not some requirement in terms of strength to work in the Police? Might be a daft, naïve question but surely you need to be able to "handle yourself"...?

@Edna?

In the old days didn't you need to be a certain hight? Like you say there should be a 'strength' test, but in the PC (no pun) world it would probably be seen as some form or strenthist.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick

I know kiya personally. hes more than capable of handling himself :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here