Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton. Stand or Fall

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe unintentional/coincidental, but it does kinda leap out….

Yeah. To be clear, I don't mean to suggest Paul Barber thinks Hughton was a mistake. Maybe the filmmakers or whoever made the trailer does. Or maybe they wanted to squeeze Hughton into the trailer and didn't consider how it played in that particular section. (and my 'bit harsh' is tongue in cheek, unless it was a genuine dig at CH by someone).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Yeah. To be clear, I don't mean to suggest Paul Barber thinks Hughton was a mistake. Maybe the filmmakers or whoever made the trailer does. Or maybe they wanted to squeeze Hughton into the trailer and didn't consider how it played in that particular section. (and my 'bit harsh' is tongue in cheek, unless it was a genuine dig at CH by someone).

I took it more to imply that the ‘mistake’ was how Hughton’s sacking was handled, rather than Hughton himself being the mistake. Im not a filmmaker, but I’m guessing that thread will be explored quite a bit in the documentary both because it was well publicised and relatively controversial.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
didn't we have a film or something similar years ago shown at the university buildings opposite the ground before it was there

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
That was the play by Stephen north I can't remember the name of it

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Genuinely interested in why this film is so much better than the Amazon Prime series about Palace

Surely both are feelgood stories about our clubs

I for one would be interested to see how BHA managed to survive with their ground sold from underneath them

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Genuinely interested in why this film is so much better than the Amazon Prime series about Palace

I for one would be interested to see how BHA managed to survive with their ground sold from underneath them

I couldn’t sit through a film about a club not being able to pay their bills then reforming

and becoming another club screwing more creditors.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

This thread is about BHA, not Palace.

But to answer your question anyway, because when your lot went into Administration (twice) two men and a dog turned up to protest.

You just rolled over, shrugged your shoulders and said oh well, someone else will help us out. I guess it doesn't bother you that your club died owing serious amounts of money and is now just 12 years old?

We fought for our club - yes we got lucky with some amazing fans who led the protests and organised us mere foot soldiers, then we got very lucky with Knight and subsequently Bloom.

We are so lucky to have a long term fan at the helm, unlike some clubs whose owners see their club as a mere stepping stone to owning bigger clubs.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
That was the play by Stephen north I can't remember the name of it

Brighton 'Til I Die, actually written by Paul Hodson and Dave Blake, I was in it but didn't write any of it. We did it twice, it was commissioned by the club for the centenary in 2001 and then revived at the Theatre Royal in the week before the first home game at the Amex in 2011. There's a great video of the whole audience in the theatre singing 'there's only one Dick Knight' somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
The daughter (and son) of a NSC poster opening up the trailer.....
I am in it as well in the full version (if not cut out), which should be out in September. Lovely film crew.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was supposed to be in it but contrary to the rider I provided they presented me with M&M's which included green ones.
I stormed out, screaming for a policeman.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Brighton 'Til I Die, actually written by Paul Hodson and Dave Blake, I was in it but didn't write any of it. We did it twice, it was commissioned by the club for the centenary in 2001 and then revived at the Theatre Royal in the week before the first home game at the Amex in 2011. There's a great video of the whole audience in the theatre singing 'there's only one Dick Knight' somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Yes, please do. I'm sure we'd enjoy it.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

It's better than your Amazon one as it's not about Palace for a start!! :D
Seriously though, I had to stop working there as I really needed 'job security' & even put that on my CV when they ask why you left your old job. Seeing Sally there saying how she used to repair the kits bought a tear to my eye. It's staff like Sally that made us survive, it's fans who went on marches, sent letters etc. We went from nearly dropping out of the football league altogether, to now being in the PL through a lot of peoples hard work and passion. We played at shit grounds, we made sure everyone was paid what they were owed and we didn't give up!!!
We didn't reinvent ourselves and pretend we were the oldest club. We stayed as BHA and our stadium is called a 'community' stadium for a good reason! It's not just 'our' community either, we help out in the little ways we can when other clubs are struggling through crap ownership! We as a community would probably send a letter if you were kicked out of your ground with no where to go & were nearly out of the league, obviously through very gritted teeth! :D
Everyone made it happen because everyone pulled together. Loved FBS record label sponsoring us so we had 'skint' written on our shirts! :clap2:
Hope that helps! :blush:
Edit to add... WE have earned the right to be where we are today!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

We fought tooth and nail for our club for well over a decade.
You lot, didn't.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Thanks is there a video of Brighton till I die it would be great to see it again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here