Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton: Stand or fall. Release date??

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sure my son told me one of his equally annoying sidekicks supports Brighton?
Do they all nick goalie gloves off small children?

(EDIT, I think you meant one of Thogdon's side kicks and not your son's!)

Last edited:

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I have no idea how these things work, but Netflix had popular documentaries about Sunderland in the Championship and a non-league story with Wrexham. Surely this is a bigger draw than that?
Wasn't the Sunderland one a behind the scenes about a club in trouble and the Wrexham one about a non league club moving up with Hollywood money?

I can't imagine a one off documentary about our club being of interest to many outside our fanbase.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Doubt it. Sunderland's appeal was big club heading full throttle toward a massive car crash. Compelling viewing as it got worse and worse. Wrexham story masterminded by two Hollywood superstars with global appeal. Will take something very very good to compete with those.
The Sunderland one was supposed to be about a club rebounding from the nadir of relegation to the championship.
Obviously that bit didn't go to plan, but it obviously made the TV programme a lot more compelling.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Christ, Thogden's an unbearable arse. How did that back to front get an invite?
I personally think he's one of the least annoying YouTubers I'm subjected to! Have you seen The Sidemen? :shootself
Sure my son told me one of his equally annoying sidekicks supports Brighton?
Yes he does, I can't remember his name though. There is another YouTuber (also annoying) who also has a Brighton supporting sidekick, can't remember his name either! :lolol:
All good to bring through the newer generation though. :unsure:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I personally think he's one of the least annoying YouTubers I'm subjected to! Have you seen The Sidemen? :shootself

Yes he does, I can't remember his name though. There is another YouTuber (also annoying) who also has a Brighton supporting sidekick, can't remember his name either! :lolol:
All good to bring through the newer generation though. :unsure:
Oh yeah, The Boy is a Sidemen fan.

I accept that I will never get it and it's one of those things like Tik Tok, white socks with black trainers, knowing what all the genders are now and liking Nella Rose that at least means there's a good old fashioned generation gap still and they're not all turning into a boring old fart like me.

But inviting a Bolton fan to a Brighton event that many Brighton fans can't get to? REALLY?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

I accept that I will never get it and it's one of those things like Tik Tok, white socks with black trainers, knowing what all the genders are now and liking Nella Rose that at least means there's a good old fashioned generation gap still and they're not all turning into a boring old fart like me.

But inviting a Bolton fan to a Brighton event that many Brighton fans can't get to? REALLY?
I think it's KSI that does my head in the most. Tbf, most of them are ok (as people) Ethan has done a lot to raise mental health awareness and they do do a big charity football match. Unfortunately I was unable to get tickets for it and I tried really, really hard! :whistle:

Thogden has only just started being nice over the last couple of seasons. He slagged off our kit once as well! :lolol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ditto. Had first email at 12.57 on Friday. Replied shortly afterwards. Had second email (same as first) at 5.54. Replied shortly afterwards.
Then nothing.
Sent a follow up email this morning, and had this auto response:
"Thank you for your query.
We aim to get back to you within 3 working days.

Best Wishes
Amex Promotional Team"
Hmmmm ....
yes. i had the 2nd email too. still haven't had confirmation so assuming its not happening.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Doubt it. Sunderland's appeal was big club heading full throttle toward a massive car crash. Compelling viewing as it got worse and worse. Wrexham story masterminded by two Hollywood superstars with global appeal. Will take something very very good to compete with those.
If Burnley getting promoted to the Premier League (again) can get decent distribution and interest then i'm not sure Albion have much to worry about. here. (four parts on Sky no less)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I still haven't heard anything re: the competition which i supposedly won. I chatted to supporter services who effectively washed their hands of it.
"Talk to the people doing the promo" despite the fact that the club had promoted this via their official Instagram channel.

My original email last week said
"Thank you for entering the American Express Brighton “Stand or Fall” Promotion! We’re delighted to let you know that you have been selected as a lucky provisional winner of a Pair of tickets to the private screening of the 'Stand and Fall' on 7th December at Duke of York’s Picturehouse, Preston Road, Brighton, BN1 4NA!"

PS: provisional was - as i understood it - subject to sharing with them a few more details which i did. Twice.

but since then ...nothing . Pretty poor stuff.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I still haven't heard anything re: the competition which i supposedly won. I chatted to supporter services who effectively washed their hands of it.
"Talk to the people doing the promo" despite the fact that the club had promoted this via their official Instagram channel.

My original email last week said
"Thank you for entering the American Express Brighton “Stand or Fall” Promotion! We’re delighted to let you know that you have been selected as a lucky provisional winner of a Pair of tickets to the private screening of the 'Stand and Fall' on 7th December at Duke of York’s Picturehouse, Preston Road, Brighton, BN1 4NA!"

PS: provisional was - as i understood it - subject to sharing with them a few more details which i did. Twice.

but since then ...nothing . Pretty poor stuff.
think its being run by amex, just in case you wanted to point the finger.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
think its being run by amex, just in case you wanted to point the finger.
yes. it is - but they used the club's official social channels to market it - so i think the club should take some responsibility here.
to their credit its pretty easy to contact BHAFC supporter services (5 mins to chat to someone) and they were polite about it. As for contacting Amex - i've no idea where to start and don't have the time so no pointing the finger direct i'm afraid . ha ha !

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004

Monday's showing in London was for the press only.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Do they all nick goalie gloves off small children?

(EDIT, I think you meant one of Thogdon's side kicks and not your son's!)

He really is the worst kind of football fan. He was in the away end with the Marseille fans last night.

I’m not going to link to his media as he doesn’t deserve any more exposure, despite the fact that it could be quite interesting seeing what the atmosphere was like in there end as I didn’t think it was a raucous as most of us were expecting.

The sooner he disappears back to where he came from the better. Surprised he wasn’t at the Amex on Saturday fanboying over his “brother” James Trafford, which is just a weird obsession over a bloke he barely looks like if you have 5 pints and squint.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can't last night be included?

What a way to finish it off!
Yeah, but then what about the last-16 game? And a potential push up the league between now and the end of the season? It's got to end somewhere.

My theory is that the club is preparing to piece all of the 'Inside Albion' videos that are on YouTube (two so far) into a review of what was always going to be a historical season. They are a decent watch and a reminder that so much has happened this season already!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here