Danny Holla
Jake Forster-Caskey (but loan out)
Andrew Crofts
Dale Stephens
Solomon March
Kazenga LuaLua

Sam Baldock
Chris O'Grady

The rest can be sold, released, or returned to their parent club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would keep

Keepers

Stockdale
Walton
+ an old experienced keeper as No 3.

Defenders

Durnk
Greer
Halford

Midfield

Stephens
Kayal
Ince
Crofts re assess at Christmas
March
JFC

Strikers

Baldock
CMS

Sell or release the rest of the first team and those who are out on loan and then look at DS for loans out.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Keep....

David Stockdale
Christian Walton

Bruno Saltor (1 more year)
Gordon Greer (1 more year)
Lewis Dunk
Greg Halford
Joe Bennett

Rohan Ince
Beram Kayal
Danny Holla
Jake Forster-Caskey (but loan out)
Andrew Crofts
Dale Stephens
Solomon March
Kazenga LuaLua

Sam Baldock
Chris O'Grady

The rest can be sold, released, or returned to their parent club.

This is what we'll do I suspect, or something like it. It's ok providing we add where we need to.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Other that what people have said, I'd also keep -

Ankergreen - can't see us getting a better keeper that would be happy to be third choice, unless we're going to get another 1st choice. But I can't really see us getting anything better than Stockdale or Walton and I think the money is more needed in other areas.

Hughes - again, appears happy to be a squad player and from what I've seen of him seems very capable at centre/full back. Again can't see us getting any better for that low down the pecking order.

Holla - again decent enough midfield cover if he's happy to be a squad player.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Stockdale
Walton
Dunk
Halford
Calderon
Kayal
Ince
Holla
March
Baldock

That's 10 I want to see here next season. Beyond that, I'll take or leave the rest.

Yep agree totally with above - still think COG may benefit with a goal getting smaller player along side him

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
No kaz or Stephens?

Stephens very average - does not impose himself enough, one pace, really want another attacking midfielder who scores goals. Ince sits - along with Holla as a back up.
Kaz sometimes changes a game - although has not turned it around this season and has had a numbner of starts.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
2 up top? Balldock and cog? Balldock looked like he was going to start scoring some goals when they both started together

I would have liked to see that. Frustrates me with the tactical straitjacket we persist with up front. O Grady can hold the ball up well, but there's never anyone near him. Baldock scored when in a partnership. CMS scored when he was in a partnership. FFS give it a try, what have we got to lose, a blind man can see we are toothless playing the way we do.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
2 up top? Balldock and cog? Balldock looked like he was going to start scoring some goals when they both started together

Maybe - baldock obviously was/is capable of scoring goals as proved in the past - although is the championship just too much - CMS springs to mind!

gingerbiker

Apr 14, 2015
Stephens very average - does not impose himself enough, one pace, really want another attacking midfielder who scores goals. Ince sits - along with Holla as a back up.
Kaz sometimes changes a game - although has not turned it around this season and has had a numbner of starts.

I think the cm is sorted really. Ince and Stephens with kayal more advanced. Got to remember that Stephens has been out for a long while

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I think the cm is sorted really. Ince and Stephens with kayal more advanced. Got to remember that Stephens has been out for a long while

Oh yes - but too be honest did not rate him that much anyway before the injury, and is he that undropable since his return! where as Ince is dropped just like that. Ince has had a couple of games where he has not been as dominate as he has been, although he is always the one that gets dropped. Not sure if Houghton really feels ince is the future (despite his words) if Houghton does - play him. What does Stephens offer over Ince.

Last edited:

gingerbiker

Apr 14, 2015
Oh yes - but too be honest did not rate him that much anyway before the injury, and is he that undropable since his return! where as Ince is dropped just like that. Ince has had a couple of games where he has not been as dominate as he has been, although he is always the one that gets dropped. Not sure if Houghton really feels ince is the future (despite his words) if Houghton does - play in. What does Stephens offer over Ince.

Getting Stephens fit and ready for the new season maybe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here