Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton shirt spotted in Detroit

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
The photo was taken outside Comerica Park, which is home to the Detroit Tigers. The chap lives nearby and is now an Albion fan. :clap2:

Attachments

• 339375_10150797888110145_806200144_20689154_6272269_o.jpg
    339375_10150797888110145_806200144_20689154_6272269_o.jpg
    640.3 KB · Views: 653
Last edited:

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
It's a great place. I love the fact you can have a beer sold to you at your seat! So that's 3 Albion shirts worn there that I know f now :)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It's a great place. I love the fact you can have a beer sold to you at your seat! So that's 3 Albion shirts worn there that I know f now :)

Did you stand for the national anthem at the start ?

I stayed seated however the wife gave me hell after saying people were staring at me !!

Was I wrong not to stand and sing ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Glad to see the shirt doesn't clash with his shorts:mad:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I stayed seated however the wife gave me hell after saying people were staring at me !!

Strange old days in Northern Ireland I remember when I lived there in the 80's (civvy not soldier). You've just reminded me by the national anthem. Pub closing time everyone had to get up as they played the national anthem, which for a Sussex boy was terribly surreal. I didn't stand up and had to be man handled to get on my feet or get a beating! Strange days indeed.

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010

To be honest, I can't remember and it was only 4 or 5 years ago too. I must be getting old! (Funny how I remember having the beer though lol)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I intend to get my Albion shirt photo'd in as many weird and wonderful places as possible...starting in Thailand on Tuesday!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not wrong but highly disrespectful. Singing isn't necessary but standing is.

I see where you are coming from, but is that not just as bad ? That just reminds me of when they pan down the line when England players do not sing ! Why bother ! I am not looking for an arguement and you may well be right, I just think different

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When in a foreign land never dis. a National Anthem or flag.

It was our national anthem in my case and I refused to stand purely for the reason it was played. Basically to support terrorism from loyalists.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I see where you are coming from, but is that not just as bad ? That just reminds me of when they pan down the line when England players do not sing ! Why bother ! I am not looking for an arguement and you may well be right, I just think different

No arguement mate, just answering your question with my point of view.
You should only sing your countrys anthem, but if you sing or not is usually up to personal preference. Some people might have a shit voice or sore throat, some might not know all the words and be embarrassed. But it is custom to stand for everyones anthem. Much like it is custom to stand when a priest is delivering a pre-match prayer etc. Also singing of other countrys anthems isn't against any rules if you like singing that much!!!

albionite

May 20, 2009
You should always stand for a national anthem to show respect. I remember going to the cinema when I was in Thailand. They played a short film of the king with the national anthem and everyone had to stand up. Felt quite odd doing it in a cinema.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Spotted in Eastbourne, 3 CPFC shirts :rant::rant::rant:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not the First Albion Shirt worn in there if I may say so by my good self about 6 years ago and again 2 years ago. Tigers and Seagull fans everywhere !!

Nor was yours...

'Dale jasper football guru' on here, is a lifelong Albion fan, who has lived in the Detroit area (Clarkston, Waterford, Windsor) for about 8 years...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here