Votes: 34 37.0%
  • The Battle of Trafalgar

Votes: 58 63.0%

• Total voters

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
B o T for me.

Quick question for the OP. How did the Lion and Lobster not even qualify for the group stages? I'd have said it was nailed on for a quarter or semi spot.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
B o T for me.

Quick question for the OP. How did the Lion and Lobster not even qualify for the group stages? I'd have said it was nailed on for a quarter or semi spot.

Actually I have been asked this before.

The sad truth is I missed a nomination for the L&L, meaning it never got through to the group stages and it wasn't until the second round was well underway that it came to light.

In the original nominations thread the L&L came in for some quite severe criticism from certain posters and amid the wave of negativity I failed to recognise a genuine vote cast in its favour which would have seen it into the groups.

Although it SHOULD have been involved, the fact remains that it did still only receive two nominations whereas a lot of the qualifying pubs had gained far more support at the same stage. For instance the Albert had eight nominations and even the Mitre, which failed to progress beyond the group stage, mustered five nominations.

I feel bad for the L&L because I am actually a fan of the place but ultimately it just didn't get the backing it needed to force its way into the contest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here