• The Evening Star

Votes: 63 61.8%
  • The Signalman

Votes: 39 38.2%

• Total voters

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Yeah, I've always found the Evening Star a tad on the cliquey side too. And I'm not the greatest connoisseur of obscure ales around, which is that pub's main selling point. It's not bad, but I've never quite subscribed to the view of the pub guides that has it down as one of the best pubs in Brighton. The times I've been in the Signalman it has seemed a pretty relaxed place a little bit out of the way to go for a drink and so I gave it my vote in this one.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
How can The Evening Star win anything it is dirty with badly served beer by rude staff.

You're going to lose a lot of friends over that comment!

You could write a sit-com based on the goings on and clientele in the Evening Star. A Friday night on the final bank holiday in May there we some highly amusing characters in there.

Firstly a man dressed in a suit with a teddy bear in the front pocket, and them some guy who looked like Elton John walking round and taking sips out of random pints.

The morning after I was back in again when an attractive woman walked in and I said to my mate she's after one of two things either change or directions and as predicted she asked for change.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
You're going to lose a lot of friends over that comment!

You could write a sit-com based on the goings on and clientele in the Evening Star. A Friday night on the final bank holiday in May there we some highly amusing characters in there.

Firstly a man dressed in a suit with a teddy bear in the front pocket, and them some guy who looked like Elton John walking round and taking sips out of random pints.

The morning after I was back in again when an attractive woman walked in and I said to my mate she's after one of two things either change or directions and as predicted she asked for change.

I wouldn't worry about what Bensgrandad says. His opinion on beer and pubs seem about as useful as his views on football.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Well the Signalman has put in a valiant shift there. Ultimately it wasn't enough to cause an upset but they can certainly hold their heads high.

The Evening Star makes it to the semi finals

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Prince Albert takes on the Battle of Trafalgar and the Basketmakers squares up against the Evening Star.

It's gonna be tasty so be sure to TUNE IN tomorrow lunchtime

Semi final #2 is going to be some battle.....

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Pubs in/near North Laine - within 500 yards of each other.

Says... something, I s'pose.

There was always going to be an element of localism & footfall here. In addition, they are all popular meeting places for Albion fans pre and post match. However, for differing reasons I do genuinely think these are 4 fantastic pubs in a city that has a fair few good pubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports