• The Horse and Groom

Votes: 25 17.1%
  • Shakespeare's Head

Votes: 28 19.2%

• Total voters

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Definitely the group of death four tremendous pubs listed, Horse & Groom being an also ran in my opinion.

Coopers food in particular their roasts are superb.
Great Eastern - A fine array of Bourbon's and Whiskey's
Shakespears - Great All-Rounder
E&S - Again their roasts are amongst the best in Brighton.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
2 free pints of Harveys at The Coopers for the first person through the door on Saturday should we qualify for the knock out round. :)

Available from noon

Last edited:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Voting in this group is now CLOSED.

The group's seeded entry, the Great Eastern has topped the group with the Shakespeare's Head taking second, just one point ahead of the unlucky Coopers Cask

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Sonewhat confusing. There are two pubs in Brighton called the Shakespeare's Head. This poll displayed the address of one and a photo of the other!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I went for Shakies in this one. Nice, smallish pub with good food. Of the others, I liked the Horse and Groom about 10 years ago back in the days when it was a Whitbread pub and you could have a pint of Boddingtons (which I liked back in 2003) watching the football by the fireside. I then moved to the other side of town and it lost its way after I moved. The Great Eastern never changes much, but it's a decent place. Organic beer isn't to my taste so that ruled out the Earth and Stars, and in the Farm Road pub debate, I've always been more of a Farm Tavern man than a Coopers Cask man.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I voted for the one I know, which is on the corner of Spring St, however that is not the picture of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here