• The Battle of Trafalgar

Votes: 104 51.0%
  • The Basketmakers Arms

Votes: 100 49.0%

• Total voters

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I haven't been in either pub for years but I voted for the Basketmakers just to make it all even stevens. :thumbsup:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It looks like it's going to go to penalties.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Blimey, the Trafalgar is punching above its weight in the final.

Would take a punt that many of the BoT's votes are from non-Brightonians - it being the nearest decent pub to Brighton Station.

:controversial:

controversial indeed. i would say the Yoghurtweavers attracts more out of towners than the Traf. its the Cheshire Cheese of Brighton pubs, well known on the tourist circuit, i am surprised you dont have coach loads of japanese tourists there.

i lived 50 yards away from the basketmakers for years and it wasnt a 'locals' pub then. people travelled to it, people who couldnt name any other pubs within a ten minute walk of it.

if you come out the station there is no way you would know about the BOT unless you are reasonably local. there are three within eyeshot of the front of the station. and the sussex going up the hill is closer and more visible.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Baskets every day of the week.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
controversial indeed. i would say the Yoghurtweavers attracts more out of towners than the Traf. its the Cheshire Cheese of Brighton pubs, well known on the tourist circuit, i am surprised you dont have coach loads of japanese tourists there.

i lived 50 yards away from the basketmakers for years and it wasnt a 'locals' pub then. people travelled to it, people who couldnt name any other pubs within a ten minute walk of it.

if you come out the station there is no way you would know about the BOT unless you are reasonably local. there are three within eyeshot of the front of the station. and the sussex going up the hill is closer and more visible.
very much this. I lived in Brighton for about five years before i knew about the Traf. I would also say it's one of the few remaining pubs that hasn't been modernised/ tinkered with and doesn't cater for the pale ale crowds.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Now that's very childish. At this stage of the game we're not going to get into a 'one pub is crap and the other is good' type argument are we?

After all, you're not a cooking lager drinker from Yates Wine Lodge are you? Are you?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Battle of Trafalgar has the best kept Harveys in Brighton. Surely that alone is enough?

Ever heard of the saying " Damned with faint praise " ? :lolol:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Now that's very childish. At this stage of the game we're not going to get into a 'one pub is crap and the other is good' type argument are we?

After all, you're not a cooking lager drinker from Yates Wine Lodge are you? Are you?

ironic that your avatar is one of the funniest men ever

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
An epic final. I am not surprised that these heavyweights have delivered a fitting end to what has been a marvellous competition.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Yoghurtweavers? How old are you?

This World Cup Final isn't about what the pub was like when you were near there, so no-one gives a toss about that. This is about now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here