Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton pre match pubs

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Yes it's still open but haven't been there for a few years. I worked temporarily at the fruit market in 1990 and the place was a saviour. I've also done the apres-club visit - awesome. Negotiating those stairs to the toilet without inflicting a life changing injury was a work of art.

I fell down them on New Year's Eve 2011. I literally entered 2012 with a bang.

Still got the scars.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I fell down them on New Year's Eve 2011. I literally entered 2012 with a bang.

Still got the scars.

Top work Paxton. The only New Years injury I can recall is skiing down a grassy bank in Downs Park on my knees after a few drinks at the Mill House. The scars are wonderful reminders.

Jan 30, 2008
the bell is what you would expect from a solid, hardcore, old school footy boozer. Lager, whatever is trendy right now booze wise, commercial bitter, and passionately loyal to the home team, wish there was more pubs like that in brighton.
is the right answer, Steve the owner knows the score ,.........." footy" pub ???
regards
DR

Last edited:

theboybilly

My brother and his mates all meet up in Lewes as they say the choice and beer is better than near Brighton station but he agree with my son the one to avoid is the Railway Belle as the beer is awful. Heard good reports of The Swan at Falmer, Makes no difference to me as I dont want a beer before the game.

I read this without looking at who had posted it. The last sentence told me straight away. Another one for the post count

Seagullroyal

Dec 31, 2014
Went to the King & Queen, had a good breakfast, full of Iceland supporters ( they were at an airline seminar yesterday and decided to stay in Brighton and watch the seagulls rather than going to London) - they were sat in the east stand, and told us they would do 'the clap' but we didn't see them.
Then went to the three butchers, and then the pub opposite the station . Saw more Preston fans than Brighton!!!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Went to the King & Queen, had a good breakfast, full of Iceland supporters ( they were at an airline seminar yesterday and decided to stay in Brighton and watch the seagulls rather than going to London) - they were sat in the east stand, and told us they would do 'the clap' but we didn't see them.
Then went to the three butchers, and then the pub opposite the station . Saw more Preston fans than Brighton!!!

That explains it ! There was some sort of co-ordinated thing going on in the lower east at one point. The PNE Fans didn't sound impressed....

Jul 7, 2003
My brother and his mates all meet up in Lewes as they say the choice and beer is better than near Brighton station.

Only if you drink Harvey's. For those who are not fans of the Lewes ditchwater, there are many decent pubs within walking distance of the station with a much wider choice of beer.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have to say I'd definitely go to Lewes if coming from eastbourne as the trains are much easier. Plenty of pubs near the station.

Jan 30, 2008
I used to live near Mac's, definitely one of the best cafes around.
Not sure there are many proper cafes around in Brighton now.

the one in Coombe road get's a good trade with the students as well as the builder brigade, did you use to live in Arundel street
regards
DR

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
the one in Coombe road get's a good trade with the students as well as the builder brigade, did you use to live in Arundel street
regards
DR

No, I lived at the very top of Eastern Road just past Sussex Square, then in Whitehawk.
Been to the Coombe Road one and that is decent.

Haven't been up Elm Grove for ages but there was a good one on a corner, left side going up.
When I used to work around Brighton I used to go to a cafe in The Dip near 5 Ways, sure it's gone now.
The other good one was Exeter Street I think, can't remember the name.

Jan 30, 2008
No, I lived at the very top of Eastern Road just past Sussex Square, then in Whitehawk.
Been to the Coombe Road one and that is decent.

Haven't been up Elm Grove for ages but there was a good one on a corner, left side going up.
When I used to work around Brighton I used to go to a cafe in The Dip near 5 Ways, sure it's gone now.
The other good one was Exeter Street I think, can't remember the name.
that one in Elm grove is run by foreigner's, but yet again does a trade, polluted with student digs in that area
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here