Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton player refuses to sign autographs for children

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It costs nothing for a player to sign things for the kids and they should be encouraged by the club to always oblige.

Maybe it was going to make him late for training then maybe just maybe it could be excused. The kids are the future paying public. Indeed, they are probably the current paying public albeit indirectly through their parents

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Well Harty, if you are my agent and the price was right, then how could I refuse?

Seeing as it's Palace, if we asked for a grand to cover everything, we'd probably only end up with a tenner.

Probably give it a miss this year.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Should sign...part of his job I am afraid.

It costs nothing for a player to sign things for the kids and they should be encouraged by the club to always oblige.

at the stadium, yep. at training, propbably yep. at a club event yep.

at their kids school at pick up time? no.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Sounds like an O,H& S issue. Certain amount of singatures allowed per hour, children are all diseased so stay away 2 ft at all times so none is passed on.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Got to agree with this, time and a place and without further background from the op, it sounds like it's not just one request but at the point where it's become a problem during private time with the players own kids.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If this happens to be true, with it being December I wouldn't be surprised if the player in question had already signed his name 500 times since September, for a school containing 200 kids.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Very pleased if he did. Children need to learn to speak when they are spoken to. Why on earth people let their children impose themselves on adults these days I have no idea. Children need to learn that the world does not revolve around them. I do hope that any child who did not do what they were told and approached the adult when told not to was told off for it.

Get back to your working class hovel.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
On a brighter note and the flip side of the coin, I would like to commend David Stockdale and Bruno for how they were with my 4 yr old daughter the other day. Loads of kids mobbing them and both crouched down and spoke to her with care and affection. You could easily see they were fathers and I'd guess very good fathers from the (admittedly) small bit of them I saw. Bruno was asking my daughter about Spanish etc and talking about his children - was an absolute legend...!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not all kids have the opportunity to go to all these things...seeing a player on the street may be the closest they get

But we're not just talking a one off by the sounds of things, it's become a problem, that can't just be one or two kids asking once.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not all kids have the opportunity to go to all these things...seeing a player on the street may be the closest they get

A slightly vague accusation from the OP - but it sounds like the player's child is being pestered for Dad's autographs by other kids - which is obviously not on.

Even the moaners have to recognise that Brighton - and the players - do incredible work in the community, so a BHA player refusing a reasonable request and getting the head to ban autograph requests sounds implausible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here