Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brighton Pavilion, Labour candidate - who to vote for?

I suppose some people will think this is good, yes it’s good we have a Labour Party that stands for next to nothing and is virtually indistinguishable from a bunch of Tory wets

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I suppose some people will think this is good, yes it’s good we have a Labour Party that stands for next to nothing and is virtually indistinguishable from a bunch of Tory wets

He's more bothered by Starmer's position on a war he has zero influence on, than a war that Britain actively participated in with a Labour prime minister?
Has he had his brain evacuated through his earhole?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Sure, but without wanting to speak for the poster in question, I presume they meant legitimately enter. The Scottish rapist legitimately entered the women’s prison under existing Scottish legislation. Of course a man could muscle his way into a woman’s toilet or refuge. Or into a women’s prison for that matter if he was sufficiently resourceful, or drunk.
A male rapist could quite easily walk into a woman's toilet, it wouldn't require any muscle.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Women have spoken, generally they don’t want a free for all of those claiming to have identified as a woman entering female toilets. Covered in depth on R4’s (unsurprising) Woman’s Hour, for example.

The only solution I can see is shared gender neutral loos (each an individual room).
That's fair enough, but if that is the case then a rapist could still enter a female toilet.

All these rapists aren't currently raping women because they aren't allowed, but under the premise of transgender rights, they will.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's fair enough, but if that is the case then a rapist could still enter a female toilet.

All these rapists aren't currently raping women because they aren't allowed, but under the premise of transgender rights, they will.

Perhaps they’d be more circumspect if clearly not allowed? Fear of cctv in entering, being called out?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Perhaps they’d be more circumspect if clearly not allowed? Fear of cctv in entering, being called out?
They could put a dress and wig on today if so inclined. If they want to rape someone I don't think not being allowed in a toilet is going to be a reason to stop them, these people aren't law abiding reasonable citizens :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They could put a dress and wig on today if so inclined. If they want to rape someone I don't think not being allowed in a toilet is going to be a reason to stop them, these people aren't law abiding reasonable citizens :shrug:

I’m only going by what women repeatedly say, loos are a safe space and they don’t want that altered with access to anyone in that moment when challenged saying they identify as a woman.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I’m only going by what women repeatedly say, loos are a safe space and they don’t want that altered with access to anyone in that moment when challenged saying they identify as a woman.
Like I say, that's fair enough. But, IMO, if transgender toilets did become a thing I don't see why rapes would increase, but also appreciate that's not necessarily a reason for transgender toilets to become a thing in the first place.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Like I say, that's fair enough. But, IMO, if transgender toilets did become a thing I don't see why rapes would increase, but also appreciate that's not necessarily a reason for transgender toilets to become a thing in the first place.

Separate rooms for each loo, I think that’s the eventual solution to keep everyone happy.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
The question of "right"
X.X have a right to safe spaces
X.Y have no given right to enter that safe space
X.Y in a dress & make-up "demands" the right to enter the X.X safe space why ? 99% would be fine, but there is the increase risk by the 1%
X.X in trousers & junior stubble are not as demanding for the access to X.Y spaces

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
A violent uncompromising rapist would absolutely walk into a women’s toilet today. But I think the point is that if the legal lines were blurred, and it was more legally acceptable for men to go into women’s loos, the status of safe space would be eroded, and there would be an increase in opportunistic assaults.

ClemFandango

Oct 2, 2023
Hermaphrodites have escaped the attention of our new poster ClemFandango. That's a fact. I trust you won't deem that offensive. You could even absorb it.
Statistically they account for 0.05% of the population. But that doesn’t therefore mean a bloke in a dress should be allowed into a woman’s toilet because he says he’s a woman.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Sorry, but this is absolute codswallop, the legality and/or acceptability of rape would not be blurred as a result of any changes in who can and cannot use a toilet.
At no point have I claimed that "the legality and/or acceptability of rape would be blurred" as a result of an erosion of safe spaces for women. I’ve said that the incidence of rape and assaults (and general harassment) of women would increase if men’s access to those safe spaces became legally blurred. BIG difference.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Is it simple? A man walked into the Ladies on Thursday evening as I was leaving. I told him it was the Ladies, and he argued with me that it was the mens. I argued back saying it wasn't. He then laughed and said What if I identify as a woman (no jewellery, make up or anything feminine about him).
Luckily, he stepped back, glanced up and realised he had used the wrong entrance, but as it was during the game, there wasn't anyone around except the cleaners and another lady washing her hands.

There, are you happy now?
I was at a gig a few weeks ago and there was a lady queuing up in the gents, the line for the ladies was ridiculous of course.

No-one batted an eyelid.

I was also in a bar recently where all the toilets were unisex, shared sinks though. It was insane I could hardly workout what to put where.

I will, as a man, say this though, ladies toilets do not need any extra patrons the queues are always ridiculous.

If only there were solutions to this mammoth problem.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

It's really great that the only problem left to solve in the transgender debate is which toilet people can and can't use and which sporting competition they can enter.

We have come a long way.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
At no point have I claimed that "the legality and/or acceptability of rape would be blurred" as a result of an erosion of safe spaces for women. I’ve said that the incidence of rape and assaults (and general harassment) of women would increase if it men’s access to those safe spaces became legally blurred. BIG difference.
Has incidents of rape and assaults (and general harassment) increased? It is my understanding that trans folks are already using women's toilets (otherwise why all the uproar) so surely we have data to show the increases of which you speak?

My thought would be if someone was going to rape, assault or harass they probably wouldn't go to the trouble of dressing as a woman and going to a public toilet/changing room or whatever.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Talking of Sian Berry. I bumped into Caroline Lucas and her at the weekend. The Blessed Caroline was pointing out places of interest in North Laine as SB gets up to speed with the constituency she's hoping to represent.
I do think that there should be a rule that you can't stand in an area for MP unless you've lived there for x years ..... I'd suggest x=5.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The change being that Labour is finally ridding itself of the anti semites who’d rather be “ideologically correct” than in power.

If only Cameron had done the same with the ERG.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do think that there should be a rule that you can't stand in an area for MP unless you've lived there for x years ..... I'd suggest x=5.
Isn’t the authenticity of the MP to be decided by the constituency at the ballot box?

I don’t have an issue but I guess it would have saved the UK from Boris.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here